Vista Home Basic

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
Quick question for your Windows users. I've got a friend who is looking to get a new computer with Vista Home Basic (I tried to talk him in to Premium so don't even get me started on that) and he wants to know if his iPhone will work with Home Basic. The Apple site says Home Premium not Basic but I figured I'd check with you guys first before discounting it.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I think the only difference between Home Premium and Home Basic is the Aero Glass windows feature. i don't see why it wouldn't work. IF your friend doesn't have 2GB of RAM, then he needs to stay with Home Basic. Home Premium will run on 1GB but it is not nearly as smooth.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I think the only difference between Home Premium and Home Basic is the Aero Glass windows feature. i don't see why it wouldn't work. IF your friend doesn't have 2GB of RAM, then he needs to stay with Home Basic. Home Premium will run on 1GB but it is not nearly as smooth.
If he's getting a new computer, he should add $$ into his budget for RAM. Depending on the computer, RAM can be had for cheap these days if you shop around.

I personally enjoy the AERO effects...I run Home Premium on my MacPro. I was running Business on my DELL before it got CraigsListed.