Vista > Windows 7

Aug 25, 2011
We just changed the OS on our HP laptop to windows 7.
Prior to this, we transferred everything from iTunes, apps, music, tv shows, to an external hard drive.

We downloaded iTunes and expected to be able to move all from the external back into iTunes. Wrong

1- Is there anyway to get the apps from our phones into iTunes? There's info in some of the apps that wi be lost if we use the copies of the apps on the computer.

2- We though that when we did a synch the info from our phones Would transfer into the new iTunes. Wrong again. All of my playlists are gone from the computer.

I have them in my phone and feel like I never want to synch again. I used to synch weekly for backup purposes, now it's all a mess.

Is it really possible that everyone that changes their OS, or buys a new computer loses everything?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
If you have all the ipa file for the apps, they should be SHOULD BE, drag and drop.
Now, it is entirely possible that they are read only, in which case you use control a to select them all, right click on something and then select properties and uncheck the read only box.
When I moved to a Win 7 laptop from my XP desktop, I copied my entire iTunes folder from both my profile and from program files. The songs were stored in a different location and that was a different copy. but it was all still drag and drop.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
We just changed the OS on our HP laptop to windows 7.
Prior to this, we transferred everything from iTunes, apps, music, tv shows, to an external hard drive.

We downloaded iTunes and expected to be able to move all from the external back into iTunes. Wrong

1- Is there anyway to get the apps from our phones into iTunes? There's info in some of the apps that wi be lost if we use the copies of the apps on the computer.

2- We though that when we did a synch the info from our phones Would transfer into the new iTunes. Wrong again. All of my playlists are gone from the computer.

I have them in my phone and feel like I never want to synch again. I used to synch weekly for backup purposes, now it's all a mess.

Is it really possible that everyone that changes their OS, or buys a new computer loses everything?
No. I just switched computers and used my Time Machine back up, and when I plugged my iPhone into the new computer for the first time, it was as if I was plugging it in to the old one. I was going from a Mac to a new Mac, so it did everything for me. There are a few steps to follow if you're going from a PC to a PC. Here they are:
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/t...o-a-new-itunes-library-look-here-first.37178/