Visting UK, will my iPhone work

fithgear66

Bronze
Sep 8, 2007
Okay so I'm heading over to England tonight from the U.S, and I really hope my iPhone works this time. It has never worked before, I have always had to buy a pay as you go phone. So, what settings should I turn on once I get there?

Thanks,

fithgear66

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
AT&T has a great mini-site with tips on how to avoid big roaming charges while traveling abroad here.

What happened the last time you went? Did your iPhone not connect to any networks or something?

Last edited by a moderator:

fithgear66

Bronze
Sep 8, 2007
AT&T has a great mini-site with tips on how to avoid big roaming charges while traveling abroad here.

What happened the last time you went? Did your iPhone not connect to any networks or something?
yes it gave me a few options like O2, Orange and Verizon but none would connect.

Last edited by a moderator:

AdrianCubed

Zealot
Gold
Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
You'd need to maybe go to vodafone or O2 and get a pay as you go SIM....if that dosent work ask them what to do.

any info would greatly help me as well since ill be going back in january.

UFGator

Jul 17, 2007
It will work, but you need to call AT&T and have International Roaming turned on. Pay them $3.50 and you will only pay $0.99/minute when you are over there. Also make sure you have data roaming turned off (in the settings) or you will get killed in data roaming charges.

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
Hi If your are going to be hotel based airplane mode with wifi on is the way to go for internet.

jsntrenkler

Zealot
Silver
Sep 22, 2008
Tucson Arizona
.99 a minute is much more expensive than a prepaid sim, although I guess it depends on how much you plan on using the phone.