Visual VoiceMail, and Email

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

dmorand

Nov 2, 2007
How does the visual voicemail work? I got a voicemail yesterday, but all I could do was call my voicemail. Where does the visual come into play?

Also, I have my email setup as Manual, but it continually is downloading my email, what gives?

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
How does the visual voicemail work? I got a voicemail yesterday, but all I could do was call my voicemail. Where does the visual come into play?
Are you on AT&T? It only works on AT&T. If you are on AT&T you need to set it up by recording and setting a message. It may ask for password. ou may have to call AT&T if you don't know it or have never set one up.

Also, I have my email setup as Manual, but it continually is downloading my email, what gives?
If it is Yahoo mail it will be pushed to you as soon as it it received by the yahoo mail servers. Even if you have the email setting set to manual.

dmorand

Nov 2, 2007
Are you on AT&T? It only works on AT&T. If you are on AT&T you need to set it up by recording and setting a message. It may ask for password. ou may have to call AT&T if you don't know it or have never set one up.

If it is Yahoo mail it will be pushed to you as soon as it it received by the yahoo mail servers. Even if you have the email setting set to manual.
I'm using Gmail, so perhaps it does the same thing.

I've already had voicemail with AT&T so perhaps I just need to set it up again.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I'm using Gmail, so perhaps it does the same thing.

I've already had voicemail with AT&T so perhaps I just need to set it up again.
Anytime you access the inbox, you are manually connecting to the email account.

It does not matter if you already have voicemail with AT&T (although you should specify if you are refering to cellular service or home service), Visual Voicemail has to be setup for your account.
If AT&T is your carrier and you changed to the iPhone plan, then someone in Customer Service didn't complete the transfer.
Same thing happened to me. I had to call them after a week to get them to activate it. Seems to be an over-looked thing when moving from an existing wireless account to the iPhone plan/setup.

dmorand

Nov 2, 2007
Anytime you access the inbox, you are manually connecting to the email account.

It does not matter if you already have voicemail with AT&T (although you should specify if you are refering to cellular service or home service), Visual Voicemail has to be setup for your account.
If AT&T is your carrier and you changed to the iPhone plan, then someone in Customer Service didn't complete the transfer.
Same thing happened to me. I had to call them after a week to get them to activate it. Seems to be an over-looked thing when moving from an existing wireless account to the iPhone plan/setup.
Wow, this is strange. I just checked my phone and selected voicemail, and I got into the screen to setup the voicemail with a password and all that. It seems like it's working now.