Visual Voicemail doesn't ask for password before playback of messages?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

joeg679

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
I set up a password on my iPhone when I got it the other day and yesterday I got my first voicemail. I went to the voicemail screen and pressed on the person's name, who called me and the voicemail started playing. Why didn't it ask for my password? I don't want just anyone to be able to pick up my phone and listen to my voicemails. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I set up a password on my iPhone when I got it the other day and yesterday I got my first voicemail. I went to the voicemail screen and pressed on the person's name, who called me and the voicemail started playing. Why didn't it ask for my password? I don't want just anyone to be able to pick up my phone and listen to my voicemails. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks
That's how it's supposed to work. Anyone can pick up your iPhone and look at your email, send email as you, view your contacts, etc.

Voicemail, I would think, would be the last of your concerns.

But if you want to secure your iPhone set a passocode lock (Settings-->General-->Passcode Lock).

--
Mike

alb0zf1n3st

Silver
Jul 2, 2007
yeah, I just basically lock the phone I mean it does in a way suck that anyone can just listen to all the voice mails and stuff but hey want can you do this is a feature everyone loves to.. Just password lock the phone

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Then what is the point of a voicemail password? When is it ever used?
When you call in from a different phone, or a landline, it will prompt for the password.

That said Sprint has a setting that will force a password to be entered even when calling from your own phone. I don't personally see the point of that with visual VM, but I supposed there are people who would want it (course then you might as well do the same thing with email, etc.).

--
Mike