Visual Voicemail doesn't see BT headset

CWulf

Aug 19, 2008
Sonoran Desert
My Discovery 925 was enabled for visual voicemail audio with the 2.0 firmware; audio was lost after the 2.01 firmware update. The headset had clear transmission and reception but I could no longer listen to VVM after performing the update. I noticed that the "Audio" button on the upper right corner of the VVM screen had changed to "Speaker". After updating to 2.01 firmware, various problems with my handset forced me to perform a full restore to factory settings. After this restore, the VVM "Audio" button was restored to the upper right corner, and VVM audio was enabled and worked for at least two message taking sessions. Meanwhile, I restored Apps and Web Apps to my handset and proceeded to redo the settings for each App. After which the Audio button had morphed back into a Speaker button.
Could it be that certain Apps contaminate the environment and cause a disabling of audio on my 925?
If so what kind of App would be most likely to disable this particular feature?
Since some users are able to listen to music via the VVM Audio button, could the iTunes iPod software be the culprit?
Is it possible to remove/repair/uninstall/reinstall iPod from the iPhone?

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
First off I want to say that this is not a review for the new Jabra BT530 headset. That being said it is the best headset I have ever owned. I just had to give up my Plantronics 510 that I had for 4 years. I started to wear glasses and it would not fit anymore. Anyway I contacted Jabra yesterday because live voicemail was not working with this headset. I had read that this was happening with a lot of headsets. Oddly the piece of crap Apple iPhone headset I returned after 1 day worked with live email. Below is Jabra's response. Looks like Apple may be pointing fingers again:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>

There is a known Bluetooth stack issue with the 3G that affects some Bluetooth headset models across all brands; one model works fine, another doesn’t. Apple and Bluetooth headset manufacturers are working to identify the problem. You may want to check with Apple for up to date information.

Since live voicemail works with some headsets, there is the possibility that the Bluetooth connection between the headset and phone didn’t synch up properly. To test for this, please perform a reset and re-pair:

Turn the headset off.
Plug the headset power supply into a wall outlet.
Connect the headset to the power supply for 5 seconds.
Disconnect the headset.
Remove the headset from the phone Bluetooth menu.
Turn the phone off.
Plug the phone into a power supply for 5 seconds.
Unplug the phone.
Turn the phone on and wait for it to fully boot up.
Put the headset into pairing mode by pressing and holding the answer/end button until you see a steady blue light. Release.
Perform the pairing procedure for the phone.

Regards,
Bill
GN, US
Home of Jabra products

Regards,
Bill
GN, US
Home of Jabra products

PS: This fix suggestion did not work

CWulf

Aug 19, 2008
Sonoran Desert
First off I want to say that this is not a review for the new Jabra BT530 headset. That being said it is the best headset I have ever owned. I just had to give up my Plantronics 510 that I had for 4 years. I started to wear glasses and it would not fit anymore. Anyway I contacted Jabra yesterday because live voicemail was not working with this headset. I had read that this was happening with a lot of headsets. Oddly the piece of crap Apple iPhone headset I returned after 1 day worked with live email. Below is Jabra's response. Looks like Apple may be pointing fingers again:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>

There is a known Bluetooth stack issue with the 3G that affects some Bluetooth headset models across all brands; one model works fine, another doesn’t. Apple and Bluetooth headset manufacturers are working to identify the problem. You may want to check with Apple for up to date information.

Since live voicemail works with some headsets, there is the possibility that the Bluetooth connection between the headset and phone didn’t synch up properly. To test for this, please perform a reset and re-pair:

Turn the headset off.
Plug the headset power supply into a wall outlet.
Connect the headset to the power supply for 5 seconds.
Disconnect the headset.
Remove the headset from the phone Bluetooth menu.
Turn the phone off.
Plug the phone into a power supply for 5 seconds.
Unplug the phone.
Turn the phone on and wait for it to fully boot up.
Put the headset into pairing mode by pressing and holding the answer/end button until you see a steady blue light. Release.
Perform the pairing procedure for the phone.

Regards,
Bill
GN, US
Home of Jabra products

Regards,
Bill
GN, US
Home of Jabra products

PS: This fix suggestion did not work
The 2.1 Update resolved this problem, hallelujah:)

DavidT

Bronze
Aug 15, 2008
Baltimore MD
My Discovery 925 was enabled for visual voicemail audio with the 2.0 firmware; audio was lost after the 2.01 firmware update. The headset had clear transmission and reception but I could no longer listen to VVM after performing the update. I noticed that the "Audio" button on the upper right corner of the VVM screen had changed to "Speaker". After updating to 2.01 firmware, various problems with my handset forced me to perform a full restore to factory settings. After this restore, the VVM "Audio" button was restored to the upper right corner, and VVM audio was enabled and worked for at least two message taking sessions. Meanwhile, I restored Apps and Web Apps to my handset and proceeded to redo the settings for each App. After which the Audio button had morphed back into a Speaker button.
Could it be that certain Apps contaminate the environment and cause a disabling of audio on my 925?
If so what kind of App would be most likely to disable this particular feature?
Since some users are able to listen to music via the VVM Audio button, could the iTunes iPod software be the culprit?
Is it possible to remove/repair/uninstall/reinstall iPod from the iPhone?
Same issue, however after i did the 2.1 upgrade all is back as it was before