Visual Voicemail is off?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

dongtea

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
I don't really get it, but my Visual Voicemail seems to be gone. If I have a number by my voicemail icon, when I press it, it dials in to AT&T the old-fashioned way. It's pretty annoying - especially because to navigate through their menus you have keep waiting for the keypad to reappear . . . slowly . . .

Anyone else have this happen?

dongtea

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
FYI - I just tried calling my wife's voicemail (iPhone also) and it claims that she has no mailbox on that system. It asks me to enter the phone number I've dialed (duh!) and I do, and it tells me again that there's no mailbox.

JnC

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Did you call your own mailbox, enter your access code, and record a greeting? You have to do that before it is "activated".

Jeremiah

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
Maryland
My voicemail seems to be working fine, It may just be in your area. I would say reset your phone, but that wouldn't explain why it doesn't work through AT&T regular voicemail. I guess you may have to wait a little bit.

Your not just setting it up now are you? Has it worked for you two before?

dongtea

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
Actually the VV worked with just a greeting from me for several days. Now today it forced me to make a password at AT&T and all of that garbage that I thought I was finally done with.

I'll try rebooting the phone.