Visual Voicemail not on my iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jun 30, 2007
Hey everyone -

I just picked up my iPhone last night and after dealing with the unfortunate length of activation I'm finally up and running! I'm having one issue, though. When I press the Voicemail button in the phone app it just dials my number and starts a voicemail session like any normal phone. Am I doing something wrong? Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Thanks!

Kyle

slipperypete

Bronze
May 20, 2007
Hey everyone -

I just picked up my iPhone last night and after dealing with the unfortunate length of activation I'm finally up and running! I'm having one issue, though. When I press the Voicemail button in the phone app it just dials my number and starts a voicemail session like any normal phone. Am I doing something wrong? Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Thanks!

Kyle
Same here. Not sure what teh issue may be

mc751n

Bronze
Jun 3, 2007
Do you have any voicemails waiting for you? Maybe when it has nothing to show/display it does voicemail like normal. Also, when you port or number your voicemails aren't transfered, so you don't have any off the bat.

ebrunn

Silver
Feb 6, 2007
Minneapolis
Did you set up your voice mail yet? I know it asked me to do something when I first clicked the phone part and I set up my message and stuff.

Jun 30, 2007
Did you set up your voice mail yet? I know it asked me to do something when I first clicked the phone part and I set up my message and stuff.
Weird. It never asked me to set anything up with the phone. Maybe it has something to do with it taking so long to activate.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
I When you click the voicemail icon, it sends you through prompts to set it up. Having voicemails has no connection, for I have not received one voicemail yet.

Jun 30, 2007
i finally got it sorted out. Turns out that through some glitch at AT&T my visual voicemail feature was never added. After calling a number Apple gave me, all is working! Anyone with this problem can PM me for the number to call.

ctigera

Jun 26, 2007
Ft Walton Beach, FL
Ok,let me ask a stupid question. I set my voicemail up, and it works. Does visual voicemail just mean you can see that you have messages and choose which one to listen too? Or does it convert them to text?

slipperypete

Bronze
May 20, 2007
Ok,let me ask a stupid question. I set my voicemail up, and it works. Does visual voicemail just mean you can see that you have messages and choose which one to listen too? Or does it convert them to text?
You can just see who has left a voice message and listen to them in the order you want. It has nothing to do with texting

Jul 1, 2007
coverts them into text it says somwhere on the Apple site about the voicemail and it has him like choosing one from a simon bailey and u see her pciture then u hear her message after he selected her

RTOIPHONE

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Hey everyone -

Thanks!

Kyle
I have the same problem and called AT & T. They called me back to say it was a problem on their end. It is a new system. I called my iPhone from a land line and it rang. Then on the land line, I got a message to check the number because they could not connect me.