Visual Voicemail password

Remix23

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008
So i have this issue where I supposedly have a password for my visual voicemail on my iPhone 3g but i never set one

now ive looked up stuff but nothing is working or don't know wat else to do

im thinking now of just calling an att service for assistance so they can reset it

now i have a jailbroken iPhone and i don't want them to know that so if i call them to help me reset my password to something else will they know i jailbroke it or do they have software that detects it or something?

is calling my best and safe option even with a jailbroken iPhone?

Last edited by a moderator:

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
AT&T can't tell if you're jailbroken and could care less.

All you need to do is tell them to remove your data plan and re-add it since VV is part of it.

Remix23

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008
nvm got it back thanks tho

Dec 10, 2007
blacked out
Care to share what your solution was in case others have this issue?
seriously.. I love it when I go searching for an answer and I see someone else had the same exact problem.. then they find the solution and all they say is, "nvmind I found it...hahah"

I want to strangle them..

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
haha. I just brought this up a few days ago and went and asked a bunch of the OP's to name the solution. I too really hate it when I get the "nevemind its fixed" Im just like WTF did you do to fix it?

Remix23

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008
i just called att cause i searched more and found out it was an asnwering mavchine and they sent a text reseting password

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
i just called att cause i searched more and found out it was an asnwering mavchine and they sent a text reseting password
Wait, what? They sent you a text that allowed you to reset your voicemail password?

Remix23

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008
they asked for my number and then bill zip code
then they sent me temporary password for voice mail

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
they asked for my number and then bill zip code
then they sent me temporary password for voice mail
Oh. Wow. Stupid AT&T. They made me remove and re-add my data plan causing me to lose many important voice mails.

Xtgirl

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
You can also go online att.com....to your wireless account and there is a button to reset your voicemail password....

That should fix the problem....it sends a text to your phone with temp password.