visual voicemail

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Sep 13, 2007
hey everyone, i just bought another iPhone because my other one was bricked and now my visual voicemail doesn't work. when i hit voicemail it just calls the voicemail box

kgeier82

Sep 13, 2007
this happened to me after the 1.1.1 update, and seems like they added a delete box to voicemail stuff.

you have to listen to the entire message. it goes away after.

i know what your saying though, when you click on voicemail, it calls it, instead of having the list of VM you have.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
you need to contact AT&T. Most likely because you have a new phone, it's possible that it restarted your account.
This happened to me when I went to the iPhone after I was already a regular AT&T customer. I had to call the and have them turn it on.

AngelJO008

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
but on my first iPhone before it bricked it worked perfectly
your account with AT&T may still have the previous iPhone's imei/serial that the voicemail is attached to. you may need the csr change the voicemail to register the current iPhone that you are using. make sense?

surjit

Nov 3, 2007
hey... i'm AT&T customer bt m nt takin iPhone call plan... n if i register IMEI from iPhone wont they kno tht its iPhone and ask me to register for that plan..
has any1 here registered iPhone IMEI # with AT&T without new plan...please help...

Thanks...

Dacktar

Sep 23, 2007
hey... i'm AT&T customer bt m nt takin iPhone call plan... n if i register IMEI from iPhone wont they kno tht its iPhone and ask me to register for that plan..
has any1 here registered iPhone IMEI # with AT&T without new plan...please help...

Thanks...
Without one of the plans for the iPhone you won't have visual voicemail and unless you have an unlimited data plan you will probably get some good charges if you use the web or watch anything on youtube.

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
try dialing *3 then it should call your voicemail and then next time you click the voicemail tab it will ask for your password... thats what i had to do after my update to 1.1.1 and jailbreak