Vizzywig 4K Video App Not For Everyone.

Discussion in 'iPhone Apps and Games' started by Ledsteplin, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I've had Vizzywig for over 2 years. I picked up up one day for free by chance. It was called Video Camera then and sold for $7.99. Now it's $29.99. Enter the new Vizzywig 4K. Surely they jest! 4K video is nice, but a $999.99 app? Speechless!
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vizzywig-4k/id913424818?mt=8

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410895498.413539.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

3. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Yeah, but I expected better from i4software. I have several of their apps. All quality apps. Vizzywig is a really nice video/movie app. Maybe better than iMovie. But it's not worth $29.99. And I understand what they do. I recall that silly game The Fleas at $999.99. It disappoints me that i4software would stoop to those tactics.

4. i4software

i4software New Member

Vizzywig 4K was a major feat of software engineering. Imagine all of the photo and video developers in the world and Apple's own massive engineering team. There has never been a single iOS device or iOS app that has been capable of capturing 4K video until now. More importantly, Vizzywig 4K is the first app on any mobile platform that enables people to edit 4K video, view and save the individual 4K frames and create titles, lower-thirds and even scrolling credits in 4K right on their phone. Vizzywig 4K is already selling beyond our expectations and we believe it is because people that need to create 4K content in a hurry value their time more than we imagined.

5. i4software

i4software New Member

This is not a scam and we didn't do it to game the AppStore. Consider this...

Vizzywig 4K is the only app on any mobile device that does what it does. We truly believe it is worth $999.99. In fact, we lobbied Apple for two weeks to get an exception to their max price policy so we could price it at $1,299.00.

As a new member, I cannot post a link but please search Google for the Business Insider Article written yesterday about Vizzywig 4K that goes into the details of our decision to price the app that high.

6. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

7. i4software

i4software New Member

Thank you for the kind words. We really are striving to meet expectations. Vizzywig 4K cost us a small fortune to build.
    Vizzywig at $29.99 is the only app in the world that allows you to simultaneously record and live switch HD video from up to 16 iOS and Android devices at the same time. How is that not worth $30?

8. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Thanks for the response. I knew you were not bad guys! :)

9. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Yeah. Sure glad you didn't bash them or anything. ;)

10. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

We appreciate all the work you put into this app but your app will disappear into obscurity once other devs create similar apps that will do the same thing and priced at a fraction of what you're asking for. People could purchase mobile devices that capture in 4k at 30fps for a lot less than $999.99 right now. You are greatly reducing your potential customer base with that price point. Even if you price it at $2.99 which is more attainable for a lot of people and 250,000 people purchase it, that makes you a millionaire. I highly doubt you will be able to do that with the price you are now asking. If I'm wrong, then more power to you. Good luck!

11. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Bash? I never intended to do that. I was just surprised at the price. And I would have been disappointed in i4software had it been like "the fleas" thing. I have a lot of respect for i4software. I have 6 of their apps. I'm just glad they came and clarified the situation. I wish them luck.

12. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

If it's truly worth $1,000, why was in only $29 before? Is it a new feature that the previous version didn't have?

13. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

I don't think the previous version captured in 4k.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. i4software

i4software New Member

It cost us a small fortune to develop the entire workflow and we have been working on it for a long time and continue working on it daily with a team of engineers. It seems like a lot of people are missing the primary value proposition of Vizzywig 4K. It does much more that capture pristine quality 4K video. It allows you to preserve the individual still frames and introduces the world's first 4K still-frame editing engine and workflow. All 4K cameras under $10,000 use heavy compression such as H.264 which means the footage is not future proof. Vizzywig 4K captures and preserves full resolution still frames so that 10 years from now, you would be able to re-encode the original still frame sequence into higher-quality future encoding formats or even play the raw still image sequence once Televisions are able to support that. The mobile devices that capture 4K are not producing anywhere near the same level of quality as Vizzywig 4K and are not using a still image workflow.

15. i4software

i4software New Member

It is a completely new version made ONLY for the iPhone 5S and more importantly than recording 4K, it is an entire 4K multi-camera editing workflow and distribution which is a first on any mobile platform.

16. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Will you be updating it for the 6 and 6 Plus?

17. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

In the end, a product's value is only worth what people are willing to pay for it. If people are buying vizziwig for $1k, more power to i4software. I just have to wonder if they'd get more net sales if they lowered the price to more traditional levels.

18. i4software

i4software New Member

Yes. I receive BOTH devices tomorrow which was a very difficult feat to achieve the night of the 12th I was up all night with 2 computers and 2 phones trying every possible way to pre-order for 9/19 delivery. All sites wouldn't let me buy with our AT&T business account so I had to ask my sister if I could use her free upgrade!

Updating for the new phones and iOS 8 is our highest priority.

19. i4software

i4software New Member

When we raised the price of Vizzywig to $19.99 two years ago, people thought we were crazy. Then we raised it to $29.99 a year ago. Meanwhile ALL of our competitors have lowered their price to $1.99 or $0.99 or Free. It might make "logical" sense that a $299.99 price or $99.99 price or $49.99 price would achieve greater success proportionately but the AppStore is not the typical economic model. There are over 1 million developers and over 2 million apps and we have created something that is not available on ANY mobile platform at any price. For us, that represents an opportunity to charge for what the app is truly worth to someone that needs to shoot edit and distribute 4K video on the go rather than pricing based upon the competition.

20. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

This video of your app results in a lot of frames dropped compared to 4k videos taken with other mobile devices like the LG G3 and Samsung Galaxy S5. I see a big difference in quality. The user of those devices can offload the videos to a computer to capture individual frames but I don't think that extra step justifies your price.

LG G3 4k

Samsung Galaxy S5 4k