VLC Media Player for iPhone

danbrumit

Bronze
Jun 21, 2010
Elkton, MD
Vlc player

Is free on the app store, and you can now play WMV files and other formats right from your email. Or you can sync wmv files via iTunes and other sources. It works on the iPod touch also.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
OPlayer has been out for over a month. It does the same thing and you can save a video file to the iPhone from email, which I don't see available in VLC.

Lunfai

Bronze
Sep 16, 2010
Awesome been using Oplayer but I've used Vlc on windows for a lot longer so I might give this a chance.

danbrumit

Bronze
Jun 21, 2010
Elkton, MD
OPlayer has been out for over a month. It does the same thing and you can save a video file to the iPhone from email, which I don't see available in VLC.
Thanks, I wasn't aware of this app. It is neat to save the file. But it plays choppy for me on the lite version. I rebooted the iPhone, but still the same.

The VLC plays smooth. Maybe a update will fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com
New VLC Media Player . . .

I just installed the new VLC app and I got the following instructions:

Connect your iPhone to computer

In iTunes, select iPhone, and then click Apps tab

Below File Sharing, select "VLC" from the list . . .

Can somebody tell me where I can find File Sharing?

Thank you . . .

Never mind, I found it . . .

Lunfai

Bronze
Sep 16, 2010
Thanks, I wasn't aware of this app. It is neat to save the file. But it plays choppy for me on the lite version. I rebooted the iPhone, but still the same.

The VLC plays smooth. Maybe a update will fix it.

Oplayer worked flawlessly for me, really loved the FTP syncing option since it's another way to put media files on to your iPhone quickly.

iArthur

Bronze
Oct 23, 2010
California

I just installed the new VLC app and I got the following instructions:

Connect your iPhone to computer

In iTunes, select iPhone, and then click Apps tab

Below File Sharing, select "VLC" from the list . . .

Can somebody tell me where I can find File Sharing?

Thank you . . .

Never mind, I found it . . .
I've been looking for File Sharing also never could find it.

Lunfai

Bronze
Sep 16, 2010
1. Open up iTunes
2. Click your iPhone on the left pane
3. Click Apps on the tabs above your iPhone information
4. Scroll down and it'll have App documents, click VLC and click add files.
5. It'll automatically sync, and you're good to watch.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
Any video I upload says no volume available when I try to play it. And it can't play 720p, 1 hour long at 1.5 gigs. I didnlt think that was that big where it wouldn't be able to play it.

owieh

Contributor
Bronze
Jul 15, 2010
Sheffield, UK
twitter.com
Any video I upload says no volume available when I try to play it. And it can't play 720p, 1 hour long at 1.5 gigs. I didnlt think that was that big where it wouldn't be able to play it.
Take your phone off Silent. When you put your phone on silent ALL other apps are affected, Third party or not.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
Take your phone off Silent. When you put your phone on silent ALL other apps are affected, Third party or not.
What in the hell. That's insane! I didn't think audio apps would be affected as well. Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately the 720p video will obviously still not play but at least I have sound lol.

Hwc

Oct 4, 2010
What I want is what it has on the computer. Why can't you use subtitles? CineX will. Give me the same features from my desktop.
I like VLC the best all around player.

Chrys

Nov 8, 2009
Oregon
I've been looking for File Sharing also never could find it.
From the APPS tab just scroll down the page. VLC is on the bottom half of that page. I had the same issue until I asked my husband for help and he found it when he scrolled down the page :)

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
I emailed myself a 13MB wmv and I was able to open it with VLC but it didn't really play. The audio was fine but the video was lagging. It was basically a series of 10 still images rather than a 1 minute video. I could scrub through it fine which is odd.