Vluetooth Laser Virtual Keyboard

helen

Jun 4, 2008
Hi all. I have a question regarding Bluetooth Laser Virtual Keyboard. I found this great product and was hoping it would work with the iPhone. It is on www.thinkgeek.com
Anyone have any experience. Thanks.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
helen said:
Thanks but I really wanted to start a post of my own as I have a question regarding Bluetooth Laser Virtual Keyboard. I found this great product and was hoping it would work with the iPhone. It is on www.thinkgeek.com
Anyone have any experience. Thanks.
Looks like you started three separate posts in three different areas of the forum!

I checked out the site, and found this disclaimer:

Important Mac OS Note:
We were able to get the Bluetooth Virtual Laser Keyboard to work with Mac OSX using the built-in bluetooth support in the OS. However, there is no driver software for Mac included with the keyboard and thereforee no way to set the keyboard preferences such as brightness, key-repeat rate and sensitivity. You have been warned!

Generally, a product will work with the iPhone if it says somewhere to the effect that it is iPhone compatible. The iPhone Bluetooth stack is extremely limited to only handset. Here is a useful link describing bluetooth profiles:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A2DP#Advanced_Audio_Distribution_Profile_.28A2DP.29

Because the iPhone is OS X based, and the limited Bluetooth, I would have to say it probably won't work.

helen

Jun 4, 2008
Looks like you started three separate posts in three different areas of the forum!

I checked out the site, and found this disclaimer:

Important Mac OS Note:
We were able to get the Bluetooth Virtual Laser Keyboard to work with Mac OSX using the built-in bluetooth support in the OS. However, there is no driver software for Mac included with the keyboard and thereforee no way to set the keyboard preferences such as brightness, key-repeat rate and sensitivity. You have been warned!

Generally, a product will work with the iPhone if it says somewhere to the effect that it is iPhone compatible. The iPhone Bluetooth stack is extremely limited to only handset. Here is a useful link describing bluetooth profiles:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A2DP#Advanced_Audio_Distribution_Profile_.28A2DP.29

Because the iPhone is OS X based, and the limited Bluetooth, I would have to say it probably won't work.
Thanks that was most helpful.
Sorry about all the threads but I not to savvy at this stuff. Could not find how to start a new post but will moderators help managed to find out how but it was too late by then I got post fever.:eek:

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
You won't be able to use bluetooth other than to use a mono headset. There's no A2DP support.

helen

Jun 4, 2008
You won't be able to use bluetooth other than to use a mono headset. There's no A2DP support.
Thanks for that. Same it looks like it would have been a great addition.

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
...And no driver for it.

I have one (used it with my Treo) and while it was cool, the driver for the Treo sucked huge. It's one thing I wouldn't mind seeing work on the iPhone.

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
Thanks that was most helpful.
Sorry about all the threads but I not to savvy at this stuff. Could not find how to start a new post but will moderators help managed to find out how but it was too late by then I got post fever.:eek:
I am sure they will forgive you. Enjoy the forum,Enjoy the forum,Enjoy the forum,Enjoy the forum,Enjoy the forum......thats one for all your posts:)