Voice Application set to to double click home

Popdevil

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
When I first installed the voice app I could double click on the home screen and the voice application come up. I changed it in the iPhone settings to go to my favorites. I can't get it back now.

NOTE: Maybe its just me but the application doesn't seem to work that great for me. I have heard others state its right on. Any tips or suggestions?

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I tried the switch to phone favorites and then back to Voice Dial for home button double-tap. It worked, but I did need to toggle Voice Dial's setting to Off, let it do a restart of Sprinboard, and then back on.

As for tips, I've found a big difference in its accuracy when I took the time to record all my commands in a quite environment (first time round I'd done it with TV on etc.) ...

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
When I first installed the voice app I could double click on the home screen and the voice application come up. I changed it in the iPhone settings to go to my favorites. I can't get it back now.

NOTE: Maybe its just me but the application doesn't seem to work that great for me. I have heard others state its right on. Any tips or suggestions?
Are you talking about the voice app or voice dial as great, I have both and they work great. My dbl tap is set to voice dial.

If you have settings home dbl tap set to favorites, that is your favorites in contacts.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Okay, just recreated your prob.

I went to setting in general, and set to home button.

Then you need to go into voice dial prefs and unclick the dbl tap to off, it then sleeps the phone, slide to open again, go to voice dial, then prefs, dbl tap switch turn on, then sleep phone, then back on and works again.

wesexcellence

Bronze
Jan 30, 2008
Daytona Beach
www.audiobywes.com
I'll try that. When I strat voice dial it says " please wait...loading sound samples" this takes about 5 seconds before it allows me to speak so it's pretty useless to wait that long.
BTW I purchased this and not just trial. i appreciate the help.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I'll try that. When I strat voice dial it says " please wait...loading sound samples" this takes about 5 seconds before it allows me to speak so it's pretty useless to wait that long.
BTW I purchased this and not just trial. i appreciate the help.
I am still on trial. But will not buy until the SDK comes out to see where the price falls.