Voice Command for 3G

nbdiver

Bronze
Jul 7, 2008
Scottsdale, AZ
Does anyone know why the voice command feature on the new 3GS doesn't work on the 3G? I would think its a software capability not a difference in hardware.

Sorry if I am duplicating another posting but I did a search and couldn't find anything. Thanks for the help in advance.

Bill

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
Apple wouldn't include all the 3gs features in the 3.0 update as hardly anyone would upgrade. However, Apple tend to have the philosophy of "if were going to do it, we'll do it right"

Others have speculated that the 3gs's upgraded processor means that voice control is useable and up to Apple's standard.

I know technically it probably could be done, but not to Apple's standard, and the 3g's lesser processing power may not be up to the task

nbdiver

Bronze
Jul 7, 2008
Scottsdale, AZ
The google app. seems to work pretty well on the 3G so I don't think that should be a factor although you might be right, it may not be up to Apple's standards.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I did a search onsite for "voice control" and "voice control on 3g?" was the second entry.

I agree that it may be faster processor that let Apple enable it on the 3GS. Apple doesn't like apps to work half-assed on their products if they can help it.

Teazer

Aug 19, 2009
what is the voice dial that AT&T is charging service for? is it different than the voice command that 3GS has?

jdinner

Bronze
Dec 14, 2008
Try VLINGO. It's free on the apps store. Voice control works great.

garykirsten63

Jun 30, 2009
I did a search onsite for "voice control" and "voice control on 3g?" was the second entry.

I agree that it may be faster processor that let Apple enable it on the 3GS. Apple doesn't like apps to work half-assed on their products if they can help it.
As Apple does not provide with the facilities so I find there no other way rather than using app. Using VLINGO now. Working smooth and good.