Voice control bug

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Navaskdl, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Navaskdl

Navaskdl Member
    Bronze

I am really frustrated with this voice control feature of iPhone 4. Everytime I plug in my earphone, the voice control pops up and plays music like crazy. Sometimes stop itself and sometimes 3x faster and stop again. What is all this? I really don't understand! Please remove this voice control, I don't need this. I am afraid to use my earphone now! It's bugging me too much. Apple, pls help! People, pls let me have your opinion about this issue.

2. maximo916

maximo916 Member
    Bronze

3. Navaskdl

Navaskdl Member
    Bronze

Voice control

Thanks for the reply dmax, but my phone is not jailbroken, I can't do it either, cos I already upgraded to 4.2. Please let me know if you have another idea. It's really a bug, when I plug in my earphone, too annoying! Thank you

4. maximo916

maximo916 Member
    Bronze

It seems like this is a problem for many other users as well...Apple Discussion Topic
    If you don't find a solution online, I would think about taking it into an Apple Store to have the phone and headphones looked at. You might be able to get a replacement or fix there.

I feel bad for you guys, especially after also reading other people's experiences in that Apple Topic.

5. Navaskdl

Navaskdl Member
    Bronze

What the hell is this really? Anybody here have an answer for this voice control bug?
    Everytime I plug in the earphone to the iPhone voice control pops up and plays music in random way. Like crazy sometimes faster, skipping track, what is this really? Does Apple have a reply for this? I want to disable it, pls help. FYI, my phone is not jailbroken and can't do either.

6. gibby71

gibby71 Member
    Silver

I have not heard of this. Are you using stock headphones? Have you tried with a different pair?

7. Navaskdl

Navaskdl Member
    Bronze

Thanks Gibby for response. I am using the original pair of earphone with mic and remote control. If I pull out and plug in 4 times, it will stop, otherwise the voice control will pop up time to time, and play music crazy. I didn't try another pair.

8. gibby71

gibby71 Member
    Silver

Test with another pair. If it works OK I would take the headphones into Apple store and get them replaced.

9. Amy Mulcahy

Amy Mulcahy New Member

I'm having the same problem. Did you find a solution?

10. Navaskdl

Navaskdl Member
    Bronze

I was fed up with that problem. Even after the os updates it still pops up whenever I plug in my earphone. And plays music like crazy. If I plug in and out 3-4 times it disappeared. What the hell is this?

11. Hawk

Hawk Genius
    Gold

The only thing I can say is that it sounds like one of 2 things happening:
    1) the mic button on the headset is malfunctioning. This would explain why voice control comes up, why music starts playing, and why sometimes the music is sped up. It's all controlled by a single "clicker", and if it's stuck or malfunctioning, it would attribute to all your problems.
    2) There is debris in your headphone jack on the phone. Could technically cause a bridging of the connectors, resulting in the same things as I described in #1.
    Best advice is to take it to Apple and show them.

12. Navaskdl

Navaskdl Member
    Bronze

Thanks for reply @ hawk. But how could it be the same case for many? I have read lot of posts complaining the same. How it disappear when I plug in and out 3-4 times? Strange !is there any way to disable voice control? Neither i use nor I need it.

13. ogram

ogram New Member

I have this problem too! It ticks me off. I cannot to watch movies on Netflix now. The voice control flips back and forth to crazy music speeds, pauses, skips and sometimes just times out and makes the movie go to the main Netflix screen. I have called Apple several time and every time they tell me the same things: you need to do a system restore from original, well I have done that about 50 times since I have got the phone. I have done everything. One tech told me to just not use head phones and not to use it as an mp3 player. I was so discouraged with that call I just hung up on her. Obviously that woman didn't have a clue what to do. I am taking the phone to the Apple store today and going to print this thread out and take it in with me to the store so I don't get the run around. I just want to be able to use the phone and not have problems with it, is that too much to ask?

14. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

I haven't seen or heard of this issue until this thread got started. I would say faulty headphones are the problem. I have several iPhones and play music a lot. Never had voice control pop up except when I want it to.

15. Navaskdl

Navaskdl Member
    Bronze

It happened to many people and it is a hardware problem. It seems that Apple doesn't want to agree this fault even after so many yelling at support communities. It's better to approach Apple store and they will replace the phone. I got it replaced two times. It is not bugging me anymore. Thank god!

16. AnnaW

AnnaW New Member

I have this exact problem with my iPhone 4 version 5.1.1 im not quite sure what to do with it... when i plug out the earphones and plug them back in it returns to normal but it is still quite annoying. I'm using the Apple earphones i got with the iPhone and when i try to turn up the volume with the clicker on them it goes onto voice control and goes really really fast:/

17. Jordan Williams

Jordan Williams New Member

I
    i've had this issue as well... It was the earphones

18. Gregorio Koji

Gregorio Koji New Member

I have the same problem with my iPhone 5, ios7 using the Apple earphones i got with the iPhone
    the voice controle is activated by itself, and music starts playing, stops, skips, fast forwards by itself..

i have tried with another headphone and works normally.. suck problem..

19. Hawk

Hawk Genius
    Gold

If it's doing it with the Apple pair of headphones, and not with another, the it's the button for the Apple headphones.
    It's probably crushed down on itself, holding the button in. Take it to Apple for repair.
    Or get a good pair of headphones.

20. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

I have not encountered this issue and so it seems to be specific to the iPhone 4. I've got the Apple EarPods that come with the iPhone 5S. I'd purchase a new pair of headphones or take them to the Apple Store and see what they can do for you.