Voice Dial over

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Spin This!

Silver
May 4, 2007
Apple has their own in the pipeline... I'd imagine it won't be long until other devices make the leap.

Speaking of Bluetooth, I hope Apple supports Audio over Bluetooth (A2DP). That would be sweet... if you have a compatible car stereo it's nice not to have any wires to connect...

May 6, 2007
United States
Yeah, I know that Apple has shown pics of their bluetooth headsets. As for the car stereo stuff, it would be very nice but I don't know much about that compatibility with the iPhone. Hopefully we will see it.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
Eh I want to look important ;) ill have to get a bluetooth headset
I think it looks funny when folks walk around with one of those things in their ear all the time. At a job that needs constant communication or in the car, that sort of thing, seems reasonable. :)

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Reminds me of that movie..I wish I could remember it I saw it a few years back.... Basically this mother is walking and tells someone on her bluetooth
"Your a beautiful woman and you don't need a man to feel good about your self"

And this ugly lunch lady or similar looks at her cries and says "thank you" eh randomness but you get the point.

ebrunn

Silver
Feb 6, 2007
Minneapolis
I kinda think that people who were the bluetooth headsets just to look cool are stupid. Unless you are driving or need to do something with both hands like typing on a keyboard, you should not be allowed to wear one.

kooks518

Oct 7, 2008
voicethis dialer

I found this great voice dialer on the app store called voicethis. Its the fastest I've seen out there, voice dials in under 1 second, and it doesn't require any training or voice tags.

kooks518

Oct 7, 2008
great! was there a need to pull up an ANCIENT thread, in even the wrong forum?
Sorry! I am a bit new to forums and for some reason I was reading it and thought I read about voice dialers for the iPhone so thought I would pass on my experience with voicethis voice dialer on the app store. I didn't even notice the date was from last year!

Jul 28, 2008
Calgary
Sorry! I am a bit new to forums and for some reason I was reading it and thought I read about voice dialers for the iPhone so thought I would pass on my experience with voicethis voice dialer on the app store. I didn't even notice the date was from last year!
Voice dialers are rather useless if they don't support bluetooth (which according to voicethis's web site, it doesn't). The whole purpose is to be hands free and if I have to fumble around with the phone and app while driving, then it defeats the purpose! It would be nice if someone could make one that does support BT.

kooks518

Oct 7, 2008
Voice dialers are rather useless if they don't support bluetooth (which according to voicethis's web site, it doesn't). The whole purpose is to be hands free and if I have to fumble around with the phone and app while driving, then it defeats the purpose! It would be nice if someone could make one that does support BT.
As far as I understand it is now impossible for any app developer to connect with Bluetooth because Apple hasn't released the API. I'm sure this will happen at some point and I would imaging voicethis will integrate it when possible. ANyway, I have bluetooth built-in to my car and all I have to do now is speak the contact name in the general direction of my iPhone with voicethis running and then my bluetooth speaker in the car takes over anyway. Its actually quite effortless and does not require any "fumbling around".