Voice Dialing For iPhone In the Works

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

mceis

Jul 9, 2007
I switched my work phone
from a Blackberry
Pearl to the iPhone. I love the iPhone, but what I miss most if the voice dialing. VoiceSignal developed the app for the Blackberry and I've not used a better voice dialing system. You don't have to use those stupid tags, rather it scans all of the names in your address book and is able to match to voice input.

Now it looks like VoiceSignal is working on a version for the iPhone
, and it may several iPhone functions, not just dialing.

I just emailed VoiceSignal to offer my support as a consumer. I'd suggest y'all do it, too.

Check out the link...
http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/talk-to-...emo-from-voicesignal-292344.php?autoplay=true

mobilehavoc

Bronze
Jul 12, 2007
What I can't figure out is if they're messing around with this on their own or with Apple's blessing?

I would love nothing more than a VoiceSignal app for iPhone...especially one that works over BT. That alone would make the iPhone 1000x better for me personally.

mceis

Jul 9, 2007
I would imagine that they have Apple's blessing given that VoiceSignal is such a prominent company in the mobile technology industry. It sure would be silly to release something like that...though maybe it would work to their advantage to create back-door demand.

The iPhone needs dialing via bluetooth, though, that's for sure!

Aug 1, 2007
if the people can hack their way through the iPhone and create cool apps like voice-recording, im sure Apple has something up their sleeves, and can do better than that if even the "community" can pull off that stuff. the iPhone is very capable of anything Apple wants it to do. so lets just kickback and wait for Apples updates..