Voice guidance not working after update to iOS 6

Goodtimekid

Bronze
Jan 28, 2012
I just updated to ios6 and the voice guidance is not working? It is enabled in settings.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Last edited by a moderator:

Bambamone3

Sep 19, 2012
Just used voice navigation it worked like a charm. I even Deviated from the Suggested route and the redirect was very very quick.

Goodtimekid

Bronze
Jan 28, 2012
Voice is set on loud volume. And mute is off. Ringer volume turned up high too

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Trondemann

Bronze
Oct 20, 2011
Extremly disappointed they removed googlemaps :-(((

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

radtechy

Contributor
Silver
Jul 20, 2011
It's not so accurate either.

Put some locations I know and it would go the wrong way, longer scenic route (both ways were major roads) and on a straight highway drive said to go west then south and back up north to go back on course.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I'm not the biggest fan of OS 6 Maps. It looks awesome in large cities but in neighborhoods it seems flat in 3D, and not very clear. I do miss the street view of Google. Fortunately Google will introduce their own Maps app which I look forward to. I do really like the turn by turn navigation using the OS 6 Maps.

laughjimbo

Bronze
Aug 2, 2010
Hertfordshire, UK
I too like the new maps in that the turn by turn feature is great but i do miss google map street view because for me it is invaluable as I drive trucks in the tv and film facility game and for me being able to look at a location to see if my truck can get into it is a great feature for me so i will be adding good maps app when it becomes available which i hope is very soon.

Wendy Epstein

Aug 1, 2012
Extremly disappointed they removed googlemaps :-(((

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
you can go to your bowser type in google maps, click on the link and then add a google maps icon to your screen. although i find the mapquest app for voice directions great.

Txcybermom

Nov 10, 2011
It was my understanding that with the ios6 update the the map app would have voice navigation. I cannot find any settings option to turn on voice or change any settings. Would someone please help me with this?

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iCafe app

Hinezy

Contributor
Silver
May 24, 2008
Mt.Carmel, PA
What model phone do you have? I know for sure it's not included in iOS 6 for the iPhone 4 but I believe it is on the 4S and 5.

Sent from my 32Gb iPhone 4S using iCafe app

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
What model phone do you have? I know for sure it's not included in iOS 6 for the iPhone 4 but I believe it is on the 4S and 5.

Sent from my 32Gb iPhone 4S using iCafe app
You're correct, it's only available on the iPhone 4S and iPhone 5 - same with Flyover (well the iPad 3 gets that too).

Txcybermom

Nov 10, 2011
I have the iPhone 4. It removed the Google map and installed the Apple map. I still can't get voice navigation? When I'm eligible of an upgrade in January I'm getting the iPhone 5!