Voice over LTE

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by Jdsmitty10, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Jdsmitty10

Jdsmitty10 Member
    Bronze

Is there any advantage/disadvantage to turning on voice over LTE?

Sent using iCafe app

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

If you have Verizon, you can now talk and surf at the same time when WiFi is not available. AT&T has had Voice over 3G/4G since 3G rolled out, but an advantage to turning it on with AT&T is that you can surf faster than you used to be able to when talking on the phone. VoLTE is not available in all areas at this time, so depending on your area, toggling it on may not make a difference.

3. Jdsmitty10

Jdsmitty10 Member
    Bronze

Will it negatively effect my battery life?

Sent using iCafe app

4. aggieman

aggieman Zealot
    Gold

also, VoLTE is active on T-Mobile in all areas where they have LTE coverage.

Should not have any negative impact on your battery. If there was any battery impact when i was using VoLTE on my T-Mobile Galaxy S5 it was very negligible.

5. Zzz

Zzz Contributor
    Bronze

Yes, us Verizon folks are enjoying this on the new iPhone's. Android devices already had been doing Voice & Data at the same time on Verizon, just the iPhone couldn't previously do it. As for battery life impact, I haven't seen much for it to stand out.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using iCafe App.

6. Jdsmitty10

Jdsmitty10 Member
    Bronze

Apparently you have to turn voice and data on for LTE cause I tried making a couple calls today that failed then turned voice and data on and they worked. Not sure why it would have been turned off?? Unless I bumped it somehow

Sent using iCafe app

7. Zzz

Zzz Contributor
    Bronze

When I got my iPhone 6, it was set to only data. I had to go and choose the voice + data option. Then the next day I got the text below from Verizon.

"FREE VZW MSG: You recently enabled LTE for Voice/Data & now have Advanced Calling 1.0. Please visit www.vzw.com/AC1.0/iPhone6 to learn more about the service."

8. Jdsmitty10

Jdsmitty10 Member
    Bronze

Were u able to make calls before you switched it?

Sent using iCafe app

9. Zzz

Zzz Contributor
    Bronze

Yes I was able to make calls, but noticed that I couldn't get on the internet or run Google Maps. I was actually thinking like "What the heck! Why can't I make calls and get on the internet at the same time?!?!" Thought Apple had lied about the Verizon iPhone 6, lol. It wasn't until I got on here and read a post by "ZR_Yancy" instructing how to activate it on the iPhone. Been using it since and like it. :)

10. Jdsmitty10

Jdsmitty10 Member
    Bronze

Wonder why I couldn't make calls until I switch it to voice and data??

Sent using iCafe app