Voice recorders that allow you to transfer to computer

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Of the App Store selections, none still and I've tried just about all of 'em, as this is favorite type of app for me. Several (maybe all) of them say it is something they are working hard on for future updates.

The only way I've found for now to easily get an audio note synced to my desktop, ironically, is via the excellent OmniFocus tasks / to-do app, which lets you add photos and audio notes to a task - and has full wireless sync via the web etc.

My favorite overall voice notes sort of app so far I think is the (paid-for) TalkingPics one ...

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
A big problem here is that Apple's SDK rules state that applications are not allowed not email any kind of files, which would be an easy way for transferring these kinds of things.

theoria

Jul 18, 2008
A new one has just come out today allowing you to email the voice clip. It is £1.79 ($3.50)
Yep, its called "Audio Recorder" :)

And a note for the people in the States, there was some issues with emailing the voice clip from your home ISP (most home ISPs block the DNS lookup) which has been fixed in an update. The update is sitting in the review queue at Apple now (since Monday, just to give you a feel for when it will be out). There's a big faq on the support site about how to work around it in the meantime.

diesel

Bronze
Aug 15, 2007
NYC
QuickVoice just released their desktop version of the software and in the email notification i received yesterday, they say that the new soon to be released iPhone version of quickvoice will allow you to transfer voice recordings from the iPhone to their new desktop version.

TomRS

Bronze
Jan 19, 2008
There is a new application called You Note that allows you to take several different kinds of notes. It's free and seems pretty cool. All the reviews are glowing. I'm going to give it a shot and see how the voice recording on it is.

TomRS

Bronze
Jan 19, 2008
OK, so I just played with this and it's awesome! I know we're looking for something to sync to the desktop, and I don't think this will do that, but the other features are great.

You can color code your messages. Order them alphabetically, or by color or by date.

You can make drawings, take pictures and add a note, take a note on a website, record an audio note, or just type a basic note. This is awesome.

I will see if there is a way to sync to the desktop. But even without, this is a great and neat little app. Very clean, very easy, and FREE!

diesel

Bronze
Aug 15, 2007
NYC
There is a new application called You Note that allows you to take several different kinds of notes. It's free and seems pretty cool. All the reviews are glowing. I'm going to give it a shot and see how the voice recording on it is.

Younote is a very nice app indeed, however the voice recording portion of it is very very weak. record yourself without using a headset and play it back using only the speaker. I can barely hear myself. With Quicknotes, you can hear yourself very clearly with the above process.

However, younote is so nice, i will be keeping it not so much for voice notes but for all the other functions

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
I'm new to the 2.0 software (last night) but old with our beloved phone. I happened to find an App called Recorder that at first use seems fantastic -- easy clean, does most everything ya'll are discussing. Only a buck. It emails the voice clip to its web site where you retrieve it and then can DL to your puter if you wish. I've sent out 8 or so voice messages this morning just trying it and find no problemos.

My only question right now is security since it is being uploaded to their web site where they say it stays for 10 days. So that gives them some track back to your phone number or something doesn't it?