Voice Recorders

RLK

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Indialantic, FL
Can anyone recommend a voice recorder app (free or purchase)? One that plays through the speaker would be preferred.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Depends on what you are looking for. Jot is a great one that will actually transcribe your audio, but you only get about 30 seconds max.
I haven't tried any others, but I would think that Erica Sudan's Voicenotes is a good one still, since it's the first one to ever come out at all.

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
Are there any that let you email the voice note as an attachment

theoria

Jul 18, 2008
Apple's SDK does make it difficult to send email attachments via the phone for sure, since you're basically building it from scratch. I worked on an audio recorder that hasn't hit the store yet (any day now, since its been submitted! :)), and it has email support:

http://peerium.com/audiorecordersupport.html

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Apple's SDK does make it difficult to send email attachments via the phone for sure, since you're basically building it from scratch. I worked on an audio recorder that hasn't hit the store yet (any day now, since its been submitted! :)), and it has email support:

http://peerium.com/audiorecordersupport.html
Nice. Yours looks interesting - email capability is a big plus for sure. Also nice would be ability to sync, and organize notes into folders / categories ...

theoria

Jul 18, 2008
Also nice would be ability to sync, and organize notes into folders / categories ...
We are definitely trying to figure out a way to trick the sdk into letting us sync somehow - I agree it would be a much more useful tool that way (I want it for myself too!)

The folders categories is a great idea also :) I will pass it on to our project manager so that he can add it to the requests for future updates. I'm sure he would love to hear anything else people would like to see too!

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
We are definitely trying to figure out a way to trick the sdk into letting us sync somehow - I agree it would be a much more useful tool that way (I want it for myself too!)

The folders categories is a great idea also :) I will pass it on to our project manager so that he can add it to the requests for future updates. I'm sure he would love to hear anything else people would like to see too!
good luck I'd buy for sure

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
I just started using this morning an App called Recorder that just far seems fantastic and does what ya'll are looking for except for actually attaching to email, it sends link to a website for retrieval and DLing to your puter. Seems to work great.

SikShift

Zealot
Gold
Jul 22, 2008
Bradenton, FL
I just started using this morning an App called Recorder that just far seems fantastic and does what ya'll are looking for except for actually attaching to email, it sends link to a website for retrieval and DLing to your puter. Seems to work great.
Off-topic...WTF is a puter?

Is it lazy for computer?

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
yeah I use for a generic so as to avoid Mac or PC question...... if referring to both -- its puters :)

crupp

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
Atlanta
you may want to look at younote. Has both voice and text and the ability to categorize by color and title, and it's free. No way to email at this point.