VoiceDial: real voice control for the iPhone

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
This app is pretty cool, though apparently not free. I've been playing with it, in what I assume is free/demo mode, and it seems quite robust.

You have to train it first but once you do you can dial phone numbers launch apps, even launch bookmarks, just by speaking.

I only have a few things trained so can't tell how well it works for certain. But from what I see the app has potential.

I am going to use iPhoneHome to map VoiceDial to a double-tap of the home button.

Oh yes, available on Installer.

--
Mike

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
OK, maybe I didn't train it properly but now that I have several things recorded I'm not getting good recognition. It's making mistakes like recognizing "Locate Me" as "Mobile Mail."

Will keep at it...

--
Mike

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I'm impressed with this app so far. Recognition so far is good - but I have only setup 3 contacts, 3 apps, 3 bookmarked web sites up to now. The bookmarked sites launch is a nice feature IMO, don't recall seeing that in other voice command mobile apps. I also mapped to the Home double-tap via iPhoneHome.
Still not sure of the exact nature of the trial - in terms of time or feature limits ...

itsabouttime

Silver
Feb 18, 2007
San Antonio, Tx.
This app is pretty cool, though apparently not free. I've been playing with it, in what I assume is free/demo mode, and it seems quite robust.

You have to train it first but once you do you can dial phone numbers launch apps, even launch bookmarks, just by speaking.

I only have a few things trained so can't tell how well it works for certain. But from what I see the app has potential.

I am going to use iPhoneHome to map VoiceDial to a double-tap of the home button.

Oh yes, available on Installer.

--
Mike

Sounds good, can you post the link?

kariya9mdoa

Bronze
Oct 26, 2007
Add this to installer

h**t://*******.com/2t8cax
and then navigate to productivity and its in there

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
for some reason every time I try to teach it to say something my iPhone crashes.

Ah well..

Jan 23, 2008
Hello....first post, but been lurking this forum for six months and learned a lot!

I have been waiting for an app like this for the iPhone, so I tried it out and bought it...it works great for me. The only thing I have a problem with so far is that as you add samples it seems to take longer and longer to load them when the program starts....."please wait...loading sound samples"

Ed

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Hello....first post, but been lurking this forum for six months and learned a lot!

I have been waiting for an app like this for the iPhone, so I tried it out and bought it...it works great for me. The only thing I have a problem with so far is that as you add samples it seems to take longer and longer to load them when the program starts....."please wait...loading sound samples"

Ed
I've noticed that too. That's something they need to work on and correct ...

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Yes I would pay it to. I am hoping and I am sure Nate will have this as a SDK app.
Nate didn't do Voice Dial - he did the Speed Dial icon on home screen trick. Voice Dial is from Makayama, same folks who brought out Camera Pro, and they are saying they will definitely have this out post-SDK 'if it is possible' ...

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Nate didn't do Voice Dial - he did the Speed Dial icon on home screen trick. Voice Dial is from Makayama, same folks who brought out Camera Pro, and they are saying they will definitely have this out post-SDK 'if it is possible' ...
Yeah you are right but you know why, I am on a couple of threads talking about the same things, so I should have said that on the other thread, anyway Patrick, you know what I mean.:oops:

miketl

Bronze
Oct 23, 2007
when i tried to install this application, once the bar filled up before the "cleaning up" stage, my installer crashed and went back to the home screen. ive tried to download other apps and they do work..

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Yeah you are right but you know why, I am on a couple of threads talking about the same things, so I should have said that on the other thread, anyway Patrick, you know what I mean.:oops:
Yeah I know these two threads have got kind of confusing - I keep having to try to keep up with which one we're talking about. In any case, I like the Voice Dial app quite a bit, I hope they will be improving it some in coming weeks ...

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Yeah I know these two threads have got kind of confusing - I keep having to try to keep up with which one we're talking about. In any case, I like the Voice Dial app quite a bit, I hope they will be improving it some in coming weeks ...

Of course the ideal thing would be able to activate the app through bluetooth, or click your headset.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Of course the ideal thing would be able to activate the app through bluetooth, or click your headset.
That would be super-cool. Would save fumbling to hit the home button twice or whatever to launch the app. Can't remember whether MS Voice Command ever got that going on Windows Mobile - it was always a much asked for feature, but I think it never happened ...