Voicemail not showing up in Visual Voicemail?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

dwcerra

Aug 20, 2007
I just came across an issue regarding voice mail notifications on the iPhone.
I have been getting several calls since last night but no one appeared to leave a voice mail. All the calles showed up in my call history as missed calls. Then a friend of mine called me and asked if i got his voice mail message. Of course I had none (or at least I thought!). When I accessed my voice mail from a land line I found out I had EIGHT voice mail messages! There was NEVER any notification on my iPhone stating such. When I tried to call my voice mail from my iPhone it said "voice mail temporailly unvailable, please try again later"....WEIRD......

I ended up powering the phone off...waited a minute then turning it on agin....low and behold after a few moments I now had my 'voice mail' notifications again showing up on my iPhone.

Has this happened to others? I hope this is not some NEW glitch....ugh. Something like this would really SUCK if your expecting an important phone call message!

Thanks for your comments.

Last edited by a moderator:

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
Has this happened to others? I hope this is not some NEW glitch....ugh. Something like this would really SUCK if your expecting an important phone call message!

I have never had this happen but thank you for letting us know about it. I will have to keep an eye on it and see if that happens in the future.

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
I just came across an issue regarding voice mail notifications on the iPhone.
I have been getting several calls since last night but no one appeared to leave a voice mail. All the calles showed up in my call history as missed calls. Then a friend of mine called me and asked if i got his voice mail message. Of course I had none (or at least I thought!). When I accessed my voice mail from a land line I found out I had EIGHT voice mail messages! There was NEVER any notification on my iPhone stating such. When I tried to call my voice mail from my iPhone it said "voice mail temporailly unvailable, please try again later"....WEIRD.

I ended up powering the phone off...waited a minute then turning it on agin....low and behold after a few moments I now had my 'voice mail' notifications again showing up on my iPhone.

Network issues can cause this to happen; it's not indicative of an iPhone problem or glitch- Happens with cell phone companies all the time.

While reading in your post, "temporailly unvailable, please try again later" thats not a message you would get if it was the phone having the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

dwcerra

Aug 20, 2007
Well I'm glad to hear that it doesn't sound like a prob. with my iPhone. Just FYI, while all of this was happening I called a friend of mine who has ATT and lives locally and asked if he could get access to his voicemail, he had no prob. He does not have an iPhone. I suppose it depends on what tower and area of service you are in too at the time of the incident.

Am I right in assuming that on the iPhone ALL voice mail messages are actually cloned and downloaded into your iPhone, thus allowing you to answer your voice mail messages in any order. (When I called on the land line to access my voice mail last night it was the customary way......you had to go through all your messages)....just fyi. thanks again for your help. :)

Network issues can cause this to happen; it's not indicative of an iPhone problem or glitch- Happens with cell phone companies all the time.

While reading in your post, "temporailly unvailable, please try again later" thats not a message you would get if it was the phone having the problem.