Voicemail Notification - How To - Please help.

jayeden

Sep 13, 2007
Is there something in the iPhone that i need to turn on?

when someone calls and leaves a voicemail...the phone does not notify me that I have a new voicemail...

why is this?

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Is there something in the iPhone that i need to turn on?

when someone calls and leaves a voicemail...the phone does not notify me that I have a new voicemail...

why is this?
Settings | Sounds

Make sure 'new text message' and 'new voice mail' are on. I think they are off by default.

jayeden

Sep 13, 2007
Settings | Sounds

Make sure 'new text message' and 'new voice mail' are on. I think they are off by default.
they are both on, and still i get no notification of new VM

colombianito

Bronze
Sep 12, 2007
same here, i don't get any notification of the new voicemail, only way to notice is when i look at my phone and then realize i have a missed call...

i think it has to do with the actual sound assigned to the ''voicemail notification'', thinking of changing ti to something more drastic using iBrick...
i will give it a try and post my findings...

jayeden

Sep 13, 2007
same here, i don't get any notification of the new voicemail, only way to notice is when i look at my phone and then realize i have a missed call...

i think it has to do with the actual sound assigned to the ''voicemail notification'', thinking of changing ti to something more drastic using iBrick...
i will give it a try and post my findings...

alright, this is odd, because when i had by blackberry, i would get a text message or notifiacation message for when i had a voicemail...now i get nothing...and the same as posted above, need to go by 'missed calls' which is kind of a pain

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
It is a pain and unfortunately you are not able to change notification alerts on your iPhone, this has been a big complaint. The only way I found of fixing this was modding the phone and changing the alert tones through ibrickr. It's the only way to do it for now unless Apple decides to change this one day but plenty of people have complained about it to Apple so who knows....

jayeden

Sep 13, 2007
It is a pain and unfortunately you are not able to change notification alerts on your iPhone, this has been a big complaint. The only way I found of fixing this was modding the phone and changing the alert tones through ibrickr. It's the only way to do it for now unless Apple decides to change this one day but plenty of people have complained about it to Apple so who knows....

damn, that really sucks...i wonder if there is any way to add a feature through my service provider (rogers in canada). Some sort of voicemail notification feature, forsing mt NETWORK to send me a text message when i ahve a new voicemail....

il have to look into it..

thanks for your help.

Jaye D.

znino

Sep 27, 2007
Settings | Sounds

these "new text message" and "new voice mail" ON/OFF settings are just audio notifications. Here we are talking about the carrier sending a text message when a new voice message arrives and for some reason, on the iPhone only, this text message never arrives! Weird.

znino

Sep 27, 2007
alright, this is odd, because when i had by blackberry, i would get a text message or notifiacation message for when i had a voicemail...now i get nothing...and the same as posted above, need to go by 'missed calls' which is kind of a pain
on every other phone i've had, including blackberry, my network (fido in canada) sends me a special text message (from +18 in this case) saying how many voicemails i have and how many are new etc). if my sim is in my iPhone, i receive no such messages. you would think a SMS is a SMS and it would come in but perhaps it's some kind of special SMS and the iPhone somehow filters it out. It's very annoying. Anyone find out why yet?

entong

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
on every other phone i've had, including blackberry, my network (fido in canada) sends me a special text message (from +18 in this case) saying how many voicemails i have and how many are new etc). if my sim is in my iPhone, i receive no such messages. you would think a SMS is a SMS and it would come in but perhaps it's some kind of special SMS and the iPhone somehow filters it out. It's very annoying. Anyone find out why yet?
currently i'm using xplore ( exelcomindo in indonesia ) on my iPhone.my provider sends me a text message everytime i got misscall and let me know how many voicemails that i have .i don't really know how it works but seems it just the setting of the simcard provider? or else..;)