Voicemail pick up via WiFi?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lomond Lass, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Lomond Lass

Lomond Lass New Member

I recently lost my landline through a lightning strike and had BT divert calls to my mobile as I have a businesss. Now, due to galeforce winds the mobile transmitter has lost power and I have no mobile signal. For some reason I still have a WiFi connection. Is there a way of accessing my voicemail messages without a mobile signal?

2. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

Get a google voice number and dial in to your mobile's voicemail over wifi. I like the Talkatone app for my iPhone and iPad.

Target

Sent from my iPad2 using iCafe app

3. Jmbaker429

Jmbaker429 Evangelist
    Gold

There isn't a way to access the normal voicemail over wifi, but there are other services that you can set up to be able to use. YouMail is one of them.

4. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

If you have any VOIP app you should be able to call your own phone number and retrieve it that way.

5. Lomond Lass

Lomond Lass New Member

Thanks for your replies. I tried the Google Voice number option first but unfortunately this needs to be activated by replying to a text or voice mail - none of which I can get as I have no mobile signal. Will try one of the apps. Thanks guys!

6. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

Call your cell phone from a land line.

7. Lomond Lass

Lomond Lass New Member

Would need to drive 15 miles to do that Lon but what good would that do? All it would do is divert onto my mailbox and ask me to leave a message - unless you know different?

8. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

When you dial your cell number from another phone, simply wait for your recorded message to begin and then hit the * key. You will then be prompted to enter your voicemail password and you will be able to access your messages.
    Edit: That is how you do it on AT&T. If not, I'm sure your carrier has a similar approach.

9. Lomond Lass

Lomond Lass New Member

Well landline back on so thanks to Lon's advice have been able to access my messages. :)