Voicemail pick up via WiFi?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jan 4, 2012
I recently lost my landline through a lightning strike and had BT divert calls to my mobile as I have a businesss. Now, due to galeforce winds the mobile transmitter has lost power and I have no mobile signal. For some reason I still have a WiFi connection. Is there a way of accessing my voicemail messages without a mobile signal?

Jmbaker429

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 28, 2010
Florida
There isn't a way to access the normal voicemail over wifi, but there are other services that you can set up to be able to use. YouMail is one of them.

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
If you have any VOIP app you should be able to call your own phone number and retrieve it that way.

Jan 4, 2012
Thanks for your replies. I tried the Google Voice number option first but unfortunately this needs to be activated by replying to a text or voice mail - none of which I can get as I have no mobile signal. Will try one of the apps. Thanks guys!

Jan 4, 2012
Would need to drive 15 miles to do that Lon but what good would that do? All it would do is divert onto my mailbox and ask me to leave a message - unless you know different?

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
Would need to drive 15 miles to do that Lon but what good would that do? All it would do is divert onto my mailbox and ask me to leave a message - unless you know different?
When you dial your cell number from another phone, simply wait for your recorded message to begin and then hit the * key. You will then be prompted to enter your voicemail password and you will be able to access your messages.
Edit: That is how you do it on AT&T. If not, I'm sure your carrier has a similar approach.