Voicemail recorded conversation

aahitman

Bronze
Sep 8, 2007
Denton, TX
Has this ever happened to anyone? Today my wife called me to come unlock her car again because she had locked her keys in it. At the same time she called me I was calling her. Well to make a long story short, our whole conversation got recorded onto my voice mail. I've never had this happen before. Both voices recorded at the same time.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I think that's a sign of the apocalypse.

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
That never happened to me, but i did call someone who was calling me at the same time and her phone never rang in my ear piece, we were already connected without the 3 or 4 rings and started talking,.. weird.

burniksapwet

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
Has this ever happened to anyone? Today my wife called me to come unlock her car again because she had locked her keys in it. At the same time she called me I was calling her. Well to make a long story short, our whole conversation got recorded onto my voice mail. I've never had this happen before. Both voices recorded at the same time.
This had happened to me. My conversation with my girlfriend got recorded on my iPhone. Just don't know how it happened. By the way do we have an app that is capable of recording phone conversations?

rmfnla

Bronze
I've not had this happen but if your wife's car has keyless entry you could have unlocked it by pressing your remote to the phone and having her hold her phone near the car.

This really works and it can save you (another, apparently) trip.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
I've not had this happen but if your wife's car has keyless entry you could have unlocked it by pressing your remote to the phone and having her hold her phone near the car.

i think this is just an urban legend (according to the snopes article on it here, the RF signals most keyless remotes emit are not sound frequencies that can be transmitted by phone), but it would indeed be handy if it were possible...

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
This had happened to me. My conversation with my girlfriend got recorded on my iPhone. Just don't know how it happened. By the way do we have an app that is capable of recording phone conversations?
No recording app that I know of, but they're illegal without an audible beep anyway.

rmfnla

Bronze
i think this is just an urban legend (according to the snopes article on it here, the RF signals most keyless remotes emit are not sound frequencies that can be transmitted by phone), but it would indeed be handy if it were possible...
I don't repeat legends, urban or otherwise.

My wife opened my trunk this way; she had my car keys, I needed to get something and she was not due home for hours.

It works, at least for me (I have an Infinity G-35).

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
I don't repeat legends, urban or otherwise.

My wife opened my trunk this way; she had my car keys, I needed to get something and she was not due home for hours.

It works, at least for me (I have an Infinity G-35).
your key remote makes noise?

aahitman

Bronze
Sep 8, 2007
Denton, TX

We've tried this before and it does not work.

rmfnla

Bronze
We've tried this before and it does not work.
...for you. It did for me, and I have the bag of kibble that was in the trunk to prove it.

Of course, after all this I am going to have to try it again.

Too bad you can't shoot video with the iPhone, or I could post a segment...

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
...for you. It did for me, and I have the bag of kibble that was in the trunk to prove it.

do you suspect:

1. that your key remote make noise that you cannot hear, but your car can, and that is what is being transmitted or
  2. that your phone transmits radio frequencies?

aahitman

Bronze
Sep 8, 2007
Denton, TX

This is from snoops which claims that the story of opening a car door remotely is false.

rmfnla

Bronze
This is from snoops which claims that the story of opening a car door remotely is false.
Screw snoops [sic]; my wife and I tried it again today and it worked just fine.

This time she called me at home from her phone (a Sony-Ericsson Z750a) and I unlocked the trunk, unlocked the doors and then locked the doors, all from over 3 miles away.

I've got a neat idea; instead of getting all your information from the Internet why not go out and try something for yourself for a change...

rmfnla

Bronze
do you suspect:

1. that your key remote make noise that you cannot hear, but your car can, and that is what is being transmitted or
  2. that your phone transmits radio frequencies?
I suspect that #2 is correct; after all, RF and sound are pretty much the same thing, just at different ends of their spectrum.

The only thing I can't figure is how it makes it through the digital coding/decoding steps; maybe there is a telecom engineer out there who can weigh in..?

aahitman

Bronze
Sep 8, 2007
Denton, TX
Screw snoops [sic]; my wife and I tried it again today and it worked just fine.

This time she called me at home from her phone (a Sony-Ericsson Z750a) and I unlocked the trunk, unlocked the doors and then locked the doors, all from over 3 miles away.

I've got a neat idea; instead of getting all your information from the Internet why not go out and try something for yourself for a change...
And I've got an idea for you too. Try reading ALL my posts in this thread, especially the one where I said we tried it and it didn't work.

rmfnla

Bronze
And I've got an idea for you too. Try reading ALL my posts in this thread, especially the one where I said we tried it and it didn't work.

Sorry, cranky-butt; I got such a kick out of your deferrence to snopes (or snoops, as it's apparently known in the Lone Star State) that I didn't realize you meant that your particular experience was the last word on the subject.

We tried it twice and it worked both times. Must be an L.A. thing; we are kinda known for our obsession with cell phones...

aahitman

Bronze
Sep 8, 2007
Denton, TX
Sorry, cranky-butt; I got such a kick out of your deferrence to snopes (or snoops, as it's apparently known in the Lone Star State) that I didn't realize you meant that your particular experience was the last word on the subject.

We tried it twice and it worked both times. Must be an L.A. thing; we are kinda known for our obsession with cell phones...
You obviously spend more time looking to insult people than you do reading because if you had you would have understood in my particular case it would not and did not work AND the whole purpose of the thread was about voice mail not key FOBs. If you do not have anything constructive to add why do you continue trying? And the name calling is really unnecessary.