Voicemail Screen - Screen Cuts Out Then Back On

Hoshtaylor

Bronze
Everytime I'm at my voicemail screen, the screen flickers on and off randomely...I can't explain how frustrating this is. It's the same way with my wife's phone. And it's not a set time limit for it cutting out due to non-activity...it just does it randomely. It's been doing this ever since I got the phone. We've had the phones for just over a week now and I was helping my wife set up her voicemail (yes, after over a week) and the screen was just cutting off and on like crazy. I was about to throw her phone.

Anyone else having issues with the screen cutting out...?

guest4

Bronze
Mar 27, 2008
You know how when you're on your phone and you cover up by the ear piece, the screen turns black? It's so the screen isn't on while the phone is against your ear. The visual-voicemail is still technically "calling" your voicemail, so it has that feature I guess. If you cover the ear piece part, that light sensor thing makes the screen turn off.

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
LOL. That's some trippy stuff. Your right the reason it cuts off and back on is the light sensor or whatever it's called. The sensor just happens to be right were you have to push play for your messages.

guest4

Bronze
Mar 27, 2008
Sure thing =] Cause most people put the phone up to their ear to listen to voicemail. But I use the speaker option. So I never have that problem from the screen shutting off. Just make sure you keep your fingers away from the top of the phone I suppose.