Voicemail: Transfer from iPhone to Mac?

Jun 24, 2009
I want the ability to save voicemails from my iPhone to my mac. I've read several tutorials and I can't figure it out. Here's the situation. I have SSH'ed into the iPhone and am using cyberduck to access the file system. According to what I've read the voicemails are stored in private/var/mobile/library/voicemail. The tutorials say that the voice mails are individually stored in an .amr format. When I get to the voicemail folder I see only one file and it is a voicemail.db file. I'm guessing this file will be useless for me. let me know if you know what I'm doing wrong or if there's someway to open that voicemail.db file and extract voicemails from it. It's only 28k in size.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
My guess is the tutorial you read is outdated (maybe pre 3.0) and things might have changed. You can easily record your voicemail if you have an AUX cable. Just plug into the headphone jack and the other end into the line-in on the Mac. Then use Garageband to record.

Jun 24, 2009
Thanks for the reply. I thought some of the tutorials might be out of date but I was hoping I was wrong. Thanks for the info. I'll just do the audio cable/garage band thing.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
have you looked for an app to do that?

i wouldn't be surprised if there is one.

Jun 15, 2010