voicemail with red dot ?

itcomic

Oct 15, 2007
On the phone icon, there is a red dot at the top right corner.

When I go to the phone interface, my voicemail also has a red dot at the top right of the voicemail icon.

I tried to see what the voicemail function looks like but it doesn't work. What does that red dot on the icon mean ?

Thank you

gijohn

Bronze
Jul 22, 2007
Is there a small number in that red dot?

fosterhere

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
Cold Spring on Hudson, NY
It means you are off the Edge network and you Visual Voicemail is turned off so it reverts back to a TYPICAL cell phone voicemail. If you reconnect to the edge network it will revert back to visual voicemail.

itcomic

Oct 15, 2007
It means you are off the Edge network and you Visual Voicemail is turned off so it reverts back to a TYPICAL cell phone voicemail. If you reconnect to the edge network it will revert back to visual voicemail.
so the visual voicemail "requires" EDGE ? (I don't have edge, just wi-fi)

iAttorney

Bronze
Sep 30, 2007
Houston, TX
I have also heard about this if you are using the phone unlocked on another network. Since only AT&T supports visual voicemail, the red dot indicator does not work right. Different people have found that calling their voicemail and hanging up or listenting to new message, if applicable, makes the dot go away. Others are stuck with it. It is something to do with how your carrier handles voicemail indicators on their phones.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Happened to me last month.
I had gone to a skiing resort and there was no service there.
I was going to post about it when I got back, but the dot went away as soon as I got service.