Voicemail

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jwp, Jul 13, 2009.

1. jwp

jwp New Member
    Bronze

Anyone else experiencing problems with their voicemail? Ever since upgrading to OS3 I quit getting notices that I had voicemail. I didn't realize this until someone told me they left a message and nothing was showing up. After spending approx. 2.5 hours on the phone with AT&T, I'm being told that it is a known issue system wide and that they don't know how to fix it yet!?!? Said they have known about it for about a month.
    I no longer have "visual voicemail" at all. When I go to my voicemail screen it immediately dials my number and I go into my voice mail menu (like it did with the old phones). I still get no notification that I have any voicemails. I just have to call in to it a few times a day to see if there are any messages. Phone is a 2nd gen 3g , 16gb, non-jailbroke, with AT&T contract.

A couple of the AT&T reps I've spoken with have tried to put the blame on Apple. I'm guessing its a network problem and not an Apple problem.

Anyone else with this problem?

2. jwp

jwp New Member
    Bronze

Anyone else experiencing problems with their voicemail? Ever since upgrading to OS3 I quit getting notices that I had voicemail. I didn't realize this until someone told me they left a message and nothing was showing up. After spending approx. 2.5 hours on the phone with AT&T, I'm being told that it is a known issue system wide and that they don't know how to fix it yet!?!? Said they have known about it for about a month.
    I no longer have "visual voicemail" at all. When I go to my voicemail screen it immediately dials my number and I go into my voice mail menu (like it did with the old phones). I still get no notification that I have any voicemails. I just have to call in to it a few times a day to see if there are any messages. Phone is a 2nd gen 3g , 16gb, non-jailbroke, with AT&T contract.

A couple of the AT&T reps I've spoken with have tried to put the blame on Apple. I'm guessing its a network problem and not an Apple problem.

Anyone else with this problem?

3. dturner

dturner Zealot
    Gold

Mines working fine.:003:happy

4. aaronsiphone

aaronsiphone New Member
    Bronze

just realised mine is the same, but without any voice mails :( I am on O2 over in the UK. im thinking ive seen a toggle visual voicemail in the menu but cant be bothered searching

5. MileHighRob

MileHighRob Zealot
    Gold

Mine works as it always has although there seems to be days when there is a delay in delivery to my inbox.

6. iNinja

iNinja Zealot
    Gold

There isn't a switch for visual voicemail, the iPhone just supports it. If your network provides the feature then it is always "on"

7. jwp

jwp New Member
    Bronze

Well, its now 2 days later and still no voicemail. AT&T says they are still working on it. I would suggest that everyone check their voicemail. Mine started with a delay in them showing up and now nothing at all.

8. jwp

jwp New Member
    Bronze

Wanted to post an update. On July 27th I finally got my visual voicemail back. AT&T customer service was TERRIBLE! They would say they were going to call me back with updates on the problem and never did. I would call them and ask to speak with supervisor and would get disconnected. No call backs. Technicians said it is a known problem systemwide and has something to do with the 3.0 OS. Problem is is that it only does it on some phones.
    Anyway, if you have problems with AT&T service end, don't count on good service.

9. Andy65

Andy65 New Member

I remember having the same problems before with AT&T, the Visual VM just stopped working. At first I am blaming iPhone for it, and then an iPhone rep connected me to an AT&T Rep and he stayed on the line to make sure it is fixed... and guess what, it was a problem with the AT&T settings on my account.

================
    Andy

10. rs_shadow0000

rs_shadow0000 New Member

Well, its now 2 canicule after and still no voicemail. AT&T says they are still alive on it. I would advance that anybody analysis their voicemail. Mine started with a adjournment in them assuming up and now annihilation at all.

11. Divyesh

Divyesh New Member

Nope, I never got this type of problem yet.

12. dturner

dturner Zealot
    Gold

Say What?O_o

13. jwp

jwp New Member
    Bronze

That was easy for him to say. But still, his English is better than what I could do in his first langauge.

14. Omen311

Omen311 New Member
    Bronze

If verizon does get get the iPhone which will probably be the 4th gen or newer, u think we will be able to FaceTime each other even though it's different service provider?

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

15. Omen311

Omen311 New Member
    Bronze

And I'm not loooking for a correct answer. Just wondering what your answers are on this question.

16. mori

mori Member
    Bronze

I don't see why not. So far the only requirement that I know of it's that only iPhone and iPod touch enable. Nothing about carrier
    Unless AT&T or verizon block it or something

17. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

I'd say no. If att has anything to do with it. If att gas no control, id say yes. Apple would want the most FaceTime users. Att would be probably not want to.

18. Omen311

Omen311 New Member
    Bronze

Now what if verizon does get 4g iPhones and can use FaceTime without wifi. How does that affect us with iPhone4? U think it will be a simple update or will we have to wait til the new iPhone for AT&T comes out?

19. gotzaiPhone

gotzaiPhone Zealot
    Gold

My guess would be yes, with a "but". I think that you'll be able to to wifi FaceTime with anyone regardless of service, BUT I don't think that AT&T will ever lift their ban on cellular FaceTime (non-jb'd) with the current 3G network.

Another question I have is that with verizion being notorious for shutting off built in phone features and then selling them back to you as a monthly service fee... Will there be anything Apple allows verizion to shut off and sell you back? i.e. FaceTime being an extra service. Hell, why not? Apple allowed AT&T to shut off tethering and sell that back to us...

20. forkee

forkee Member
    Bronze

service provider has nothing to do with facetime.

the newest ipods have facetime...