VOIP

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
So has anyone heard any news from iCall or any of the other VOIP providers who were supposedly working on VOIP for the iPhone but haven't delivered it yet? I'm chomping at the bit to have an official VOIP client now that the store is live but I haven't found any usefull ones yet (there is one in the store but it charges per minute instead of a monthly fee so it's not practical for me).

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
So has anyone heard any news from iCall or any of the other VOIP providers who were supposedly working on VOIP for the iPhone but haven't delivered it yet? I'm chomping at the bit to have an official VOIP client now that the store is live but I haven't found any usefull ones yet (there is one in the store but it charges per minute instead of a monthly fee so it's not practical for me).
I had asked the same question. Still no answers. I wonder, however, whether the App Store will bulk at hosting software clearly intended to reduce AT&T revenue.

cangileri

Aug 28, 2008
So i recently saw this site http://www.sipgate.com/ which allows you to use VOIP on an iPhone. basically thats sweet. anyone have any experience with this ? my real question is about wireless networks. Is there a way to setup wireless so that you could be on a call and cross into range of a stronger signal, and have it switch networks w/o losing the call. this combined with Voip could be ultimate if you ask me. so basically prioritizing by wireless signal strength so that networks will bridge when you cross through them. :)

twallyf

Bronze
Oct 20, 2007
I assume this requires jailbreaking?