VoIP?

Kaitlyn2004

Bronze
Aug 6, 2008
Truphone is the only app I am aware of.... but the rates suck. Is there any other app I can use for VoIP? I am leaving for Europe on Friday and VoIP is a very big want of mine before I go!

Velodog2

Silver
Jul 19, 2007
Truphone is the only app I am aware of.... but the rates suck. Is there any other app I can use for VoIP? I am leaving for Europe on Friday and VoIP is a very big want of mine before I go!
Certainly wish I could help. I'm still tracking iCall who claim to have a working version in beta but don't respond to my emails asking for possible release dates. They are (bless their simple hearts...) trying to get it into the crApp store, so it's as likely as not that the delay is Apples fault.
This sounds like a perfect rendition of the VoIP application tho.

cliffeman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Feenix, Amizona
I wonder if they don't get approved they're gonna do what PdaNet did. Release it through Cydia.

Kaitlyn2004

Bronze
Aug 6, 2008
I just visited the Fring site and their forum is abuzz with the pending ('few hours') release of Fring for FW 2.x :)
http://www.fring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4884&page=11

Interestingly, it is suppose to be available via the Apple Store.
Looks like fring support said a few hours YESTERDAY (how can they even know when it will show up...?) but the iPhone page still says coming soon and im not seeing it in iTunes

I leave friday, would LOVE to get this on my phone before I go!

carrera.owner

Bronze
Aug 31, 2008
Long Island, NY
I leave friday, would LOVE to get this on my phone before I go!
I hear ya on that wish! I leave for a 6-wk field campaign in Chile next Saturday and would very much like the 'few hours' to elapse already! :)

I wonder if they don't get approved they're gonna do what PdaNet did. Release it through Cydia.
Quoting an answer to a similar question on the Fring forum: "The answer is no. The previous version was a pre-release version when there was nowhere else to publish apps. Now there's an official place for that, there's an SKD from Apple... we go that way."