Volume Problem...Please Help!

almarlimjr

Bronze
Jan 4, 2008
A week ago my wife and I were sitting next to each other sending text messages on our iPhones. And I noticed that her button clicks were MUCH louder than mine. I check sound settings and both are turned all the way up. Then I started to compare video volume, song volume, ring volume, speaker volume. With all of them, hers was much louder.

Also at times, my songs, while playing through speaker (NOT HEADSET), would sound like it's blaring. Like the speaker is blown. And sometimes it's normal.

Should I take it to a genius bar? Or am I crazy? Or is my wife's phone just freakishly loud.

To anyone who's exchanged a phone, how was your experience? Do you really have to prove your case when it comes to a possible defect? Or do they take your word for it?

Thanks in advance!

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
If you really think there is a problem take the phone to an Apple store. They can look at it and you can explain what you just said here. Apple is very good about exchanges when there is a good reason.

almarlimjr

Bronze
Jan 4, 2008
Went to the Genius Bar today. They exchanged my iPhone due to volume problems. The guy who helped me couldn't replicate what I was complaining about but was nice enough to swap it out. Granted it was a refurb, I already can tell the difference between the volume output on my old one to this new one.

Overall, my experience was great!