Volume problem?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jetson22, Oct 4, 2012.

1. jetson22

jetson22 Member
    Bronze

Hello all, I just came back with the new iPhone 5 from Android. I love the way the new phone feels, however I wish it was a little wider, oh well. There are some things that I missed from my old 3gs, the smooth and seamless functioning of Apple products. I must admit that Google and Android has come a long way. My Droid X2 worked very well but I went through 5 Droids to get one to work. My son (Ga Tech engineer geek) has the Nexus and it is a fantastic piece of equipment without any problems at all. Anyway back to my original point. My new 5 seems to have a problem with volume. I can barely hear the text alert. Is there something I'm missing or does anyone know how to turn up the sound beyond the side buttons? Also the phone clock seems to be about 46 minutes off. I have done a couple of shut downs and it works for awhile but goes back to the incorrect time. Thanks.

2. ITS ME DAVID

ITS ME DAVID Evangelist
    Gold

Go to settings then sound and can adjust the volume there and for the clock go into settings then general them date & time and turn off set automatically and then manually enter your time zone and date and time settings.

3. billnye97

billnye97 Contributor
    Silver

The sound thing is one thing but for the phone to not be synced correctly with time is another. I assume you went into Settings>General>Date & Time? I have the 24 hour time turned to off and the set automatically turned to on with my time zone of New York (I'm on EST). It works fine. In fact I've never had to go in here at all. I think something might be wrong with your phone.

4. jetson22

jetson22 Member
    Bronze

Thanks for the responses. I have already did the settings thing about 3 times with the time issue. After doing it the times will stay for a little while but then reverts randomly back to about 45 minutes slow.

5. aggieman

aggieman Zealot
    Gold

Not sure on the clock issues but...

Use your sons Nexus for a week and the iPhone 5 will sound like you are standing next to a train in comparison. That was one of my biggest complaints with the GNex. Had to use volume+ to make it even remotely acceptable. I'd switch it out and see if the device might be defective.

6. Girdler

Girdler Contributor
    Bronze

If you have another iPhone 5 to compare it to, do so. If the sound is anything less than what it should be, take it to Apple, or call them, to have it replaced. Since it's within warranty, it will not cost you anything.

Of course, that's given that there is no physical or water damage to the device.