Volume toggle bar on iPod

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
So, I was using the iPod part of my iPhone 3GS today as I do every day, and when I attempted to adjust the volume via the toggle bar, it wouldn't move. Basically, I would drag the button one direction or the other - it would vibrate (the graphic button and bar, not the phone) and then go back to where it was to start.

I hard-reset the phone and everything is all-good now. Just wanted to see if anyone else has ever had this issue or knows what the cause of it is?

Thanks.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I have had this problem, but I just thought it was 'Lag'

All I used to do was hit the home button and re-load the iPod app. That fixed it for me.

Another thing mentioning volume, have you ever experienced problems with the buttons on the side of the phone itself? I've pressed them sometimes and nothing happens for about 5-6 seconds. It's kind of annoying. When this happens to me, I perform a hard reset.

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
I got out of it and went back in and it didn't reset for me - i had to do the hard reboot. No, never had a problem with the thing on the side.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Thats strange, the buttons worked fine, yet there was a lag with the actually change of volume. I never understood why it did this.