volume tooo lowww

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SweepeR

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
is it me or is the speaker volume, the regular listening from the ear hole volume, the txt volume and the ring tone volume just toooooooooooo low? is this changed with the update of 1.1.1 because i don't plan on updating my phoen to date due to reasons as we all know. or the volume will be what it is? thanks.

bigviking

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
First GSM phone ?

is it me or is the speaker volume, the regular listening from the ear hole volume, the txt volume and the ring tone volume just toooooooooooo low? is this changed with the update of 1.1.1 because i don't plan on updating my phoen to date due to reasons as we all know. or the volume will be what it is? thanks.
My experience has been that 1.1.1 is a little louder, or perhaps just more consistant in terms of the volume level. Although the iPhone is by no means a loud phone, my experience with a half a dozen or so phones on CDMA and GSM networks has shown that the CDMA phones are generally much louder.

I think that much of the complaints about the iPhone volume are coming from people that switched from Sprint and Verizon, where the phones are generally louder. I know there are exceptions, and that there are certainly loud GSM phones. This has just been my overall observation.

Did you come from a CDMA network ?

SweepeR

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
My experience has been that 1.1.1 is a little louder, or perhaps just more consistant in terms of the volume level. Although the iPhone is by no means a loud phone, my experience with a half a dozen or so phones on CDMA and GSM networks has shown that the CDMA phones are generally much louder.

I think that much of the complaints about the iPhone volume are coming from people that switched from Sprint and Verizon, where the phones are generally louder. I know there are exceptions, and that there are certainly loud GSM phones. This has just been my overall observation.

Did you come from a CDMA network ?
i came from a sidekico whicu phobes ir wut is a cdma n gsm?

jkaruna

Sep 28, 2007
volume

I've been with ATT for a few years and the volume in their phones is generally poorer. the only phone with good volume is the blackberry, which i traded in for the iPhone. The iPhone low volume is very annoying, especially the speaker phone volume.:mad:

eric325

Bronze
Aug 7, 2007
I have to agree that the speakerphone volume sucks. Went to the store and the genius made me listen to all the phone on display. They claimed mine is louder then all the iPhone on display...... the store manager even made the most stupid remark that some of the iPhones that are loud after the update could be broken and not functioning properly. I felt like kicking his god damn ass. Came back and I wrote to Apple telling them if they can't fix the speakerphone volume that they might as well delete it on their next update so that a lot of people do not get frustrated and embarrassed when someone with a $50.00 phone is way louder then the iPhone. ( JUST TRYING TO GET THE MESSAGE ACROSS to Apple and not trying to offend any die hard Apple fans.)

entong

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
yes iPhone ringtone is really sux . in the first day that i use em i get plenty of miss call. why? because the phone ring is too low. then i change it to the ringtone that have high pitch and it helps me a lot :laugh2:

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I've never had a problem with the volume of the speaker earpiece but like everyone else I have to say that the stock ringtones were way too quiet and I too missed quite a few calls before I was able to add my own ringtones. Even then I still miss calls because of not hearing the ringtones, but it has gotten much better.

entong

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
I've never had a problem with the volume of the speaker earpiece but like everyone else I have to say that the stock ringtones were way too quiet and I too missed quite a few calls before I was able to add my own ringtones. Even then I still miss calls because of not hearing the ringtones, but it has gotten much better.
how about vibrate call notifier? ;)

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
how about vibrate call notifier? ;)

The sad thing is that I miss more calls when the phone is set to silent than I do with ringtones because I just think that my leg is spasming instead of the fact that I'm receiving a phone call. There are actually studies underway to determine the cause and effect of the "Phantom Phone Call". It's the sensation that you think your phone is vibrating so you go to answer it, but alas, there is no one calling. Apparently it's some kind of Pavlovian Response Mechanism and they're (can't remember who is doing the study) trying to determine why. Pretty cool stuff since it happens to me daily. I feel the fake calls and miss the real ones.

pn.md

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Mod. Use Audacity to increase the GAIN of a custom ringtone and Customize's txt sounds.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
When I updated to 1.1.1 I noticed a slight, but not dramatic, increase in call volume, and speakerphone volume.

After updating back to 1.0.2 my volume seems to have not changed. Don't know if that is because I still have the updated baseband.

--
Mike

pn.md

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
how do u change the text ringtone? i d/led customize and dindt find a way to change it...someone help pzl?
In AppTapp, install JPolynice Sound Set, KillBill Sound Set. Then it'll show up in Customize. I'm using British Female.

More advanced: you can SSH sounds to the Customize folder.

SweepeR

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
In AppTapp, install JPolynice Sound Set, KillBill Sound Set. Then it'll show up in Customize. I'm using British Female.

More advanced: you can SSH sounds to the Customize folder.
SSH sounds? wahts that....n whats british female? loll

hey, i d/led it it coems wiht a few things here n there...ringtone wise, then i wanted to go back to my original one but the only option was "invert to backup" what is that mean? is that the original one? or what?

cherry ghost

Bronze
Aug 18, 2007
speaker

the update increased my volume on every function but the phone. my guess is that its ATT or GSM. my verizon blackberry was very loud. you would think there would be an easy fix to this though, if not for the current models, for future models.