Vote for your favorite iPhone commercial

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Which is your favorite iPhone commercial?

• Never been an iPod

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • How To

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Calamari

Votes: 18 66.7%

• Total voters

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
New iPhone ads can be viewed at Apple. All three share the magical date of June 29th, but which one is your favorite?

Last edited:

Spin This!

Silver
May 4, 2007
I didn't really for any of them, really. I'm as big of an Apple fan as the next guy here but none of them are truly ingenius, like the recent iPod ads or even the "Hello" commercial. It's kinda cool to show how "slick" the interface is but it just seems like Apple's just preaching to the choir here.

I think a lot of people will look at these ads and think "so what?" We'll see I guess.

Spin This!

Silver
May 4, 2007
Well we don't know how much the phone taps into ATT&T's network either... it may be able to acquire a "pseudo" gps triangulation which would be able to give you a rough estimate of where you are.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Funny, I set this poll in motion last night, but didn't vote. I watched the ads a few times and then voted for How To this morning. I was surprised to be one of the few votes. (I didn't peak at results, so I wouldn't be influenced). I also like the Calamari ad. Honestly, I love'em all. They communicate ease of use combined with powerful features.

WTEngel

Bronze
May 22, 2007
Texas
Gogle maps does not use GPS. Usually you have to enter your zip code or address and it will use that information as a reference point to gather information on the closest businessses you requested.

BTW, I am a fan of the "Never been an iPod" it was the first one I saw on TV, I giess it has a special place in my heart...

lasquintanas

Bronze
May 21, 2007
Gogle maps does not use GPS. Usually you have to enter your zip code or address and it will use that information as a reference point to gather information on the closest businessses you requested.

BTW, I am a fan of the "Never been an iPod" it was the first one I saw on TV, I giess it has a special place in my heart...
That's my favorite one as well. My girlfriend laughed when i got goosebumps at the end. She doesn't understand.

lasquintanas

Bronze
May 21, 2007
Was anyone surprised at the speed of the apps in the commercial? Do you think the apps were already loaded and just brought up? Apple would be stupid to show an iPhone working faster than it's realistically capable of in real life.

WTEngel

Bronze
May 22, 2007
Texas
I just find the Never been an iPod one more surprising especially to someone who doesn't know anything about the iPhone. because I could see them watching it and and at the end when it rings be like wtf.
That might be the beauty of the ad. It spurs people to think..."What the heck did I just see, I want to know, because it looked really amazing..."

It is easy for us to read into those ads because we know more about iPhone than 90% of the people who are going to be selling the dang thing.

I think all 3 were well done and achieved the goal. The goal being: (a) Satisfy those who are already in the know about iPhone by allowing them to see the functions they know about and explain them to their less knowledgeable friends (it also gave a date) and (b) peak those who have no knowledge of iPhone by giving them just enough to cause them to research it for themselves. Causing people to look into iPhone for themselves will educate the cunsumer much better than any 30 second ad could ever do.

I have a little bit of a conspiracy theory to throw out there:

With the recent news about Apple possibly using Steganography in conjunction with iTunes downloads, the stock took a slight dip. There was also some negative focus being placed on the company. Does anyone else think the commercials are being aired earlier than originally planned at the request of Apple, Inc. It is very odd that Apple chose a commercial to introduce release date information to the public. What I mean to say is used a commercial as opposed to releasing the information via a keynote speech, at D5, or other more planned and controlled venues, then following up with the ad campaign. It just seems a little backwards to me. Then again the date on the iPhone in the ad did read June 3. Easy enough to doctor up prior to release. I don't know...just stirring the pot I suppose.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
I don't think Apple considers the actual release date as important to the public as you and I do. :)

I think all 3 ads had a different objective in mind. One was to show that there's a brand new iPod that does a lot more including calls, one showed what it does and how to use it, and one showed you something cool you can do with it. I prefer How To because I think it conveyed the best overall message to the most people. These are the types of ads we were begging Apple to do with the Mac years ago.