Vox Music Player, alternative to iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac OS X' started by Rafagon, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I just got this application earlier today and I like it so far. Very nice interface. I doubt it'll replace iTunes for me, but at least the radio feature's got my attention big-time.

Make sure you follow the directions at the source (below) so that you can enable the radio feature for free.

Note: I was unable to make the free upgrade link work using the Chrome browser. One of the comments suggested [to someone else] that they try Safari. It worked perfectly using Safari for me. YMMV.

[Source]

2. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

The reviews are stellar. 48 five star ratings. I'm not certain that I'm willing to give up iTunes. Is this similar to iOS music apps, in that it piggybacks off your collection. If that's the case, I'd consider it. That being said, I'm tied heavily to iTunes thanks to the iPhone, iPad. Sure there's iCloud, but there are many of times that I'll sync to my Mac to be on the safe side.

By the way, it has a great icon.

3. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

It sure does.

vox.jpg

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I looked at it quickly tonight. Is there only one choice – the mini player?

5. BebeMic

BebeMic New Member

Vox is a little and simple music player for Mac OS X with support for many file types, including FLAC, MP3, AAC, Musepack, Monkeys Audio, OGG Vorbis, Apple Lossless, AIFF, WAV, IT, MOD, XM, Games Music and many others..... so i think is an alternative ;)