VPN, anyone?

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Hi everyone,

Just wondering what your experiences have been with the added VPN function in the iPhone Settings? I, for one, am EXTREMELY happy they added this in the 2.0 software update, as I can now connect to my University's wireless internet connection on my iPhone. So cool!

I can't tell you how long I've been waiting for the iPhone to have that capability!

In my case, it was a little troublesome to get the VPN to successfuly load webpages (it seemed to connect fine). But a quick power cycle of the iPhone itself seemed the remedy the situation quickly.

Anyone else?

Thanks!

fesar

Oct 2, 2007
Thanks Apple !

Hi All,

I have been trying to connect to my office VPN and WIFI with WPA-Enterprise with many phones like many Nokia ESeries, Windows Mobile Phones. I was never been able to connect , first no proper documentation, second all were complicated to understand.

When i got my iPhone 3G i was wondering how will this respond when it said it can support both. You all know it or not. It was the easiest way i just selected the options, immediately i was connected.

I am able to connect VPN using Edge as well as other WIFI at home. Also i am able to connect the office WIFI with WPA Enterprise.

Thanks Apple :)

Regards,
Francis.