VZW May Purchase Alltel To Become the US Largest Carrier

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
ew ew ew ew ew...
actually,

this could be good, if Verizon wants to be GSM eventually, it would want to acquire a large portion of towers etc first...

- Long Haired Girly Boy

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
I wonder if AT&T's response would be to buy Sprint and convert them over to GSM

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
I wouldn't put it past AT&T to jump in and outbid tmo. AT&T won't just stand pat, trust me.
I do, Aggie, but the regulators don't. There was a lot of bad blood when SBC purchased AT&T. Not as bad when AT&T purchased Bell South. But, Sprint has been a long standing loner in the telecom world. Politics over market domination would become bitter.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
I hear you Aggie. I had one of those V710 models which VZW advertised could help you pee via Bluetooth. ;)

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
I hear you Aggie. I had one of those V710 models which VZW advertised could help you pee via Bluetooth. ;)
i had one too for about 2 weeks and got so pissed at it I threw it in the lake.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
Arent Sprint and Nextel already joined, or together or something like that?
Yes, Sprint paid Nextel 26 billion dollars. A few months ago, Sprint basically wrote the Nextel buy out as a businesss loss. Nextel faces serious hurdles with the FCC over the bandwidth its IDEN network uses - interferes with emergency services. Sprint's plan has been to develop its own Push-To-Talk technology via its CDMA network, and shut down the IDEN.