Waaahhhh!

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
I don’t think I am whining, I bet most of you who are calling those of us complaining about the price drop don’t even own an iPhone so it does not matter to you.
Ok, I'm going to keep a list of the "silliest comments made" during this fiasco. We'll have to vote on them once the hoopla dies down and have a chuckle.

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
...paycheck. To further demonstrate my support for Apple products, I'm going to buy a Macbook and a new Nano for my fiance' as a wedding present (we get married in October.)
I'm with ya brother! I'm buying my fiance a iPod Touch next week for her wedding present (or one of them). When I showed her the new iPod's she was so excited... she really wants one and I just can't say no to her.

It sucks my iPhone has all the features plus more of the latest generation iPods... because I have the urge to buy a new iPod Nano with video just 'because'. They look so freaking cool.

Hecubus

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
I'm with ya brother! I'm buying my fiance a iPod Touch next week for her wedding present (or one of them). When I showed her the new iPod's she was so excited... she really wants one and I just can't say no to her.
Awesome! Congrats on your engagement and marriage! Hope she enjoys the new iPod.

Mactech

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Amen...

It does not matter now anyway, now that Apple is giving the $100.00 credit.

These forums are here for everyone to able to discuss whatever opinion they might have. We are in America and have the right to an opinion thats why it's so great. If we all had your opinion it would be boring. Lots of people here are upset but that doesn't mean they should close these threads. You can go on being a loyal Apple customer, I am not telling you that you shouldn't, I am just speaking how I feel. No need not to be nice because I gave my input. I am just saying I will now always be very leary of buying anything from Apple at release, but that doesn't mean you have to be.:(

Mactech

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
bring on the list...

I don't think that I am being silly because I have an opinion. So what? I complained here on the message board, you all seem to forget that Steve J admitted that they should have taken better care of the early adopters.

I see allot of trash talking on the boards and am hoping Chris the admin will put down the hammer on these threads. For those of us that actually have contributed on this board with constructive statements and then there is those of you in this thread that seem to still yap about the whiners. The point is that Steve admitted that Apple was wrong, simple vindication for the early adopters, i'll take the $100.00 credit thank you and be on my way.

oh... And while I am on my soap box, I am glad for those of you that like your Apple products, and continue to support Apple.

I do as well, in-fact I have my iPhone 8GB, and this brand new 15" MacBook Pro with glossy screen I'm using to type this. less than 7 days old, am I going to return it? no...
I like the products, I support the products for the company I work for. I have Apple certifications as well as Wintel at my own expense for training and education, big deal, I use work for a company in Cupertino in the mid to late 90's till the dot bomb days, that was in the original Apple buildings and my ol' CEO is best friends with Steve J. I used to see him almost every day.

I use to setup Steve's 5300 running Classic OS for presentations and setting up hos own Nortel phone and his own line on our campus. He use to have or drive a Acura NSX. I can go on and on. Apple was one of our biggest customers, we were their ad agency of choice back then.

The point is nobody here should have the right to put me or the others down because we choose to voice an opinion. What you all are basically doing is saying we’ll bully those of you who choose to make a complaint no matter how stupid the comments or rants may be.

Yes some of the comments are silly, some are downright stupid including some of my own rants, but if one can’t make fun of yourself then who eh?

ahaxton

Aug 5, 2007
I don't think that I am being silly because I have an opinion. So what? I complained here on the message board, you all seem to forget that Steve J admitted that they should have taken better care of the early adopters.

I see allot of trash talking on the boards and am hoping Chris the admin will put down the hammer on these threads. For those of us that actually have contributed on this board with constructive statements and then there is those of you in this thread that seem to still yap about the whiners. The point is that Steve admitted that Apple was wrong, simple vindication for the early adopters, i'll take the $100.00 credit thank you and be on my way.

oh... And while I am on my soap box, I am glad for those of you that like your Apple products, and continue to support Apple.

I do as well, in-fact I have my iPhone 8GB, and this brand new 15" MacBook Pro with glossy screen I'm using to type this. less than 7 days old, am I going to return it? no...
I like the products, I support the products for the company I work for. I have Apple certifications as well as Wintel at my own expense for training and education, big deal, I use work for a company in Cupertino in the mid to late 90's till the dot bomb days, that was in the original Apple buildings and my ol' CEO is best friends with Steve J. I used to see him almost every day and I use to have to setup his equipment for presentations and his phone on our campus. I can go on and on. Apple was one of our biggest customers, we were their ad agency of choice back then.

The point is nobody here should have the right to put me or the others down because we choose to voice an opinion. What you all are basically doing is saying we’ll bully those of you who choose to make a complaint no matter how stupid the comments or rants may be.

Yes some of the comments are silly, some are downright stupid including some of my own rants, but if one can’t make fun of yourself then who eh?
Yeah Chris is doing a great job at keeping out the clowns that use their defense posts 99% of the time to insult the person. No worries there.

Mactech

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Bring the list, bring the list, I tried to be number one, I just wanted to see if I could make it... (sarcasm)

I use to like reading your previous postings in other threads,
However, this one is not one of them...

It's time for Chris the admin to shut these down.

Ok, I'm going to keep a list of the "silliest comments made" during this fiasco. We'll have to vote on them once the hoopla dies down and have a chuckle.

ahaxton

Aug 5, 2007
Bring the list, bring the list, I tried to be number one, I just wanted to see if I could make it... (sarcasm)

I use to like reading your previous postings in other threads,
However, this one is not one of them...

It's time for Chris the admin to shut these down.
Your probably right, at first glance I thought it'd be funny too. You made me re-think that. It'd probably turn into a messy bashing.

Mactech

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
It was kind of funny at first, I can almost hear the defence arguments from some of the posters as I type this. I am not going to flame or bash anyone else, just I know that I have a right and not to be critisized for having a say on something, whethere it's lame, stupid or not.

Like I said, Chris should lock this down as well as some others.

Your probably right, at first glance I thought it'd be funny too. You made me re-think that. It'd probably turn into a messy bashing.

The Toddfather

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007
You guys prove the point of this thread, your incessant complaining leads me to believe you whine because you are inherently unhappy people. I truly pity you and hope you find happiness someday.

Leed

Aug 5, 2007
Why should I boycott a company that has increased my investments by more than 800% in 6 years? Why don't you go after Microsoft instead? How many people have died from stroking out after suffering from another software bug attack? How many more have been seriously sickened by lack of memory after upgrading to Vista, even losing their peripherals?
And then, there is the Zune disaster. So ugly that it won first place in the worst dressed category. A catastrophic adventure in bad taste.
Maybe but most probably expect that from Microsoft not Apple.

Kabeyun

Silver
Jan 10, 2007
Northeast US
I live in Denver. The clear air must be doing more than unclogging sinuses. I bet the crisp and pure, yet rarified oxygen, stimulates cortical function in those precious neurones of mature brains!*

* Based on an almost double-blinded, somewhat placebo-controlled trial of mine
Denver has some of the worst ozone and particulate air pollution in the country. As the EPA said, "head into the mountains."

http://denverozone.blogspot.com/2007_02_01_archive.html
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/weather/10194954/detail.html

But heck, I loved Denver & nearby Boulder too. Not to mention annual pilgrimages to the Rocky Mountain powder. Just a little tease. :)

Now back to the topic. AND PEOPLE, THANKS FOR (mostly) BEING CIVIL.

-K

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
I am not going to flame or bash anyone else, just I know that I have a right and not to be critisized for having a say on something, whethere it's lame, stupid or not.
I have a right to voice my opinion when you tell me I don't really own an iPhone because I'm not bashing Apple like you are/were. You can call me I'm a liar but I can't respond by saying your claim is silly?

Stop calling me and every other iPhone owner who isn't bashing Apple liars (that's criticism by the way) and I won't claim your accusations are silly. Fair?

iPaul

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
Minneapolis
I can't wait for the list.:laugh2:

Pretty sure you'd be on it yourself, dude. This thread itself is as silly as some of the extreme complaint statements. Search function shows you haven't contributed anything much on these boards other than asking for help and putting people down.

Slow your roll.