Waaahhhh!

Mactech

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Not True...

Unhappy?

Nah... What I am unhappy with is the fact that some people on here are being bullied. Constructive criticism and conversation went out the window along time ago. I just keep seeing you guys complain about the whiners, frankly I’m done with this subject.

See... I got my iPhone for free, I got paid $300.00 to wait in line to purchase some person an iPhone.

This person that paid me could stay to purchase the phone, he gave me enough cash to buy two iPhones. So basically, 900 bucks, plus I took the day off and got paid for that. Now I get a hundred dollar credit. What’s to be unhappy about? I got a great paying job, live in the S.F Bay area in one of the best and most expensive places in the country, with the best all around weather next to Hawaii.

No my friend it is you who are unhappy... I wish you the best of luck and to the others as well.

:laugh2:

You guys prove the point of this thread, your incessant complaining leads me to believe you whine because you are inherently unhappy people. I truly pity you and hope you find happiness someday.

H

hax

Pretty sure you'd be on it yourself, dude. This thread itself is as silly as some of the extreme complaint statements. Search function shows you haven't contributed anything much on these boards other than asking for help and putting people down.

Slow your roll.
hahahahahaha

Mactech

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Tharmsen, in a previous post you quoted...

"Oh please. The "Apple screwed me" people are giving us a bad name. You'll notice the Apple "brethren" are sticking by Apple because we know their recent moves were made to strengthen Apples market share and that their actions were precedented. In other words, Apple didn't do anything unique today, certainly nothing every other electronics manufacturer hasn't done countless times before.

If you want to harp on someone for breaking the "Apple code", harp on those people that constantly deride the iPhone and Apple in general."

Well some of this is not the case, I am not giving anyone a bad name, I consider myself Apple brethren, and I have enough Apple products of my own and at the company I work at to prove it. I also support them and get paid well to do so...

You also said “In other words, Apple didn't do anything unique today, certainly nothing every other electronics manufacturer hasn't done countless times before."

Well again that is not the case because Steve and company came out and said they were wrong and that "we made a mistake". Now Apple is correcting the problem an excellent effort, I applaud them and have rekindled my faith in them.

As far as my attacks, perhaps in my haste I may have got caught up in the bashing, but I was defending others and myself from Toddfather and others out there including yourself that were bashing me and the others instead of having a civil and constructive conversation.

Like I posted before, I have enjoyed your previous posts on other subjects. Just not this one. I’m done with this issue, I’m going to sit back and watch this thread when I have time to do so, way to busy at work to keep going now. Good luck to all…

I have a right to voice my opinion when you tell me I don't really own an iPhone because I'm not bashing Apple like you are/were. You can call me I'm a liar but I can't respond by saying your claim is silly?
Stop calling me and every other iPhone owner who isn't bashing Apple liars (that's criticism by the way) and I won't claim your accusations are silly. Fair?

Sleeper

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Why would a consumer particularly care about a company's market share? The idea is to buy the best product available at the best price available. That's it, nothing more. Brand loyalty is an outdated and, frankly, rather stupid concept.

H

hax

Why would a consumer particularly care about a company's market share? The idea is to buy the best product available at the best price available. That's it, nothing more. Brand loyalty is an outdated and, frankly, rather stupid concept.
ding ding ding! Though Apple loves it! They can just screw you over and over.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Bring the list, bring the list, I tried to be number one, I just wanted to see if I could make it... (sarcasm)

I use to like reading your previous postings in other threads,
However, this one is not one of them...

It's time for Chris the admin to shut these down.
I agree. It's time to shut down those threads that are just iphone-bashing, apple-bashing and Steve Jobs-bashing.
Why don't they open their own web sites and insult whoever they want?

I luv my iPhone, at any price.

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
As far as my attacks, perhaps in my haste I may have got caught up in the bashing, but I was defending others and myself from Toddfather and others out there including yourself that were bashing me and the others instead of having a civil and constructive conversation.
I challenge you to show where I've "bashed" anyone. Disagreeing with someone doesn't constitute bashing, otherwise we might calls these discussion boards "bashing boards".

Pronunciation: 'bash
Function: verb
Etymology: origin unknown
transitive verb
1 : to strike violently : [SIZE=-1]HIT[/SIZE]; also : to injure or damage by striking : [SIZE=-1]SMASH[/SIZE] -- often used with in
2 : to attack physically or verbally <media bashing> <celebrity bashing>
intransitive verb : [SIZE=-1]CRASH[/SIZE]
- bash·er noun

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bashing_(pejorative)

Now, if I were bashing people I would likely get banned. To bash someone you need to insult them by calling names, making libelous comments about their character, insulting their mother, etc. I've done none of this, so you running around trying to label me as a "basher" because I dare to disagree with you is also silly.

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
Simple actually, if you're an Apple supporter you want to see them prosper and bring new and exciting products to market.

Brand loyalty isn't "stupid" by any means. I work in advertising and I can assure you, the vast majority of advertisers don't think so either. You earn loyalty buy being innovative, responsive to needs and requests, customer centric, etc. I find it odd that you don't understand this rather simple yet quite common and necessary (in a capitalist society) phenomenon or believe it's antiquated. Pretty funny actually.

boycottapple

Sep 7, 2007
Stick to fighting the opinions, not people.

Sure you want a company to prosper if you like their products. And you don't when they screw you over and over in one day.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
BoycottApple, what the heck did Apple do to you that you chose such a name?
I posted this somewhere else. i want you to know that you're not alone in the Universe.

Last edited by a moderator:

Silverado

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Hear! Hear! Nicely put!

"Waaaaaah, Apple presented me with a prodcuct and I bought it. Now I want some of my money back. Waaaaaah!"

Cry us a river.

I heard GMC just lowered the prices on their trucks. If you bought one recently, Rick Wagoner owes you some money back. Waaaaaah.
It's amazing that you, the OP and some others still don't get it (or pretend not to). It's not the price drop. It's the size of the drop and the length of time. They are unprecedented. I hope this serves to clear it up.

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
It's amazing that you, the OP and some others still don't get it (or pretend not to). It's not the price drop. It's the size of the drop and the length of time. They are unprecedented. I hope this serves to clear it up.
We've already shown that neither the percentage of the drop (33%) is unprecedented nor is the time line. Go back and read the posts about the Moto Q and RAZR. My Q dropped 50% in a couple of months ($400 to $199).

The Toddfather

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007
Pretty sure you'd be on it yourself, dude. This thread itself is as silly as some of the extreme complaint statements. Search function shows you haven't contributed anything much on these boards other than asking for help and putting people down.

Slow your roll.
Then don't read my posts. Slow your roll?

The Toddfather

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007
Stick to fighting the opinions, not people.

Sure you want a company to prosper if you like their products. And you don't when they screw you over and over in one day.
Dude, you've been banned twice TODAY from this site, get a life already.

Silverado

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
We've already shown that neither the percentage of the drop (33%) is unprecedented nor is the time line. Go back and read the posts about the Moto Q and RAZR. My Q dropped 50% in a couple of months ($400 to $199).
So the Q went down by 50% in two months from launch or from when you bought it? There is a big difference. If it was from launch, you should have had the right to be unhappy and view Motorola as having predatory practices.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
The thing is that because of their history with ipods, they have never brought the price down so quick, usually they stick to the price for awhile, they where never really on sale anywhere and when the price did drop it was like $50. Yes I know this is different, it's a cell phone but I think people were looking at how Apple had done things in the past. It just kind of took everyone by surprise. No matter what side your on or whatever, you know YOU were surprised too! I don't care who says they weren't. The only ones who weren't surprised where Steve and his people. This is just MHO so please don't be mean and nasty because we all have a right to one.

The Toddfather

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007
The same thing happened to me after I bought my Q. My reaction was, damn! I held no ill feelings for Verizon & Motorola, or Best Buy & Sony where my TV dropped $400 after two months, or Office Depot & Toshiba last year when they rolled out the same computer with a faster processor and bigger hard drive for the same price several weeks after I purchased my last PC. I've since graduated to a Mac.

This is the price I am willing to pay to have items as soon as they're introduced. Verizon, Motorola, Best Buy, Sony, Office Depot, Toshiba, Apple etc. did not force me to buy these products, nor did they guarantee me a set price for a certain time. I was happy with these products when I bought them, much like I am happy with the iPhone I bought on day 1.

I consider myself lucky to get a store credit from Apple so now I can buy the Airport Extreme, knowing FULL well that a couple of month from now, something better will be introduced at a cheaper price.

The Toddfather

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007
The thing is that because of their history with ipods, they have never brought the price down so quick...
Apple owns the market when it comes to portable music devices, yet they continue to improve and upgrade their iPods so they can stay on top. They've never needed a drastic price decrease to stay competitive in the portable music segment. But before the introduction of the iPhone, they've never been in this competitive segment before. They are but a miniscule fish in a sea of cellular and they must be able to adjust quickly if they want to succeed.

They have no history of cutting prices this quickly and by this much because they've never been in this market before.

Silverado

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
The same thing happened to me after I bought my Q. My reaction was, damn! I held no ill feelings for Verizon & Motorola, or Best Buy & Sony where my TV dropped $400 after two months, or Office Depot & Toshiba last year when they rolled out the same computer with a faster processor and bigger hard drive for the same price several weeks after I purchased my last PC. I've since graduated to a Mac.
It's not the length of time from when you buy the item, it's the length of time from launch. Of course someone will always buy an item a week from a price drop, that is not the point we're talking about. It's the size of the drop from launch that I find unprecedented. This is not the first $600 phone I buy at launch. I buy my Treo's unlocked and they are as expensive or more than the iPhone at launch. They NEVER fell down to $400 in two months.

Also, companies usually launch products to fill market need. Now we learn that this is not the case for Apple. They apparently thought all along that the 4GB iPhone is pretty much worthless out there as is evident by the fact that it is no longer available. Why did they launch it then? It was simply and precisely there to catch those early adopters who could not stomach buying a $600 phone and could get themselves to pay $500 for something that the company knows serves no real need out there.

Tell me this is not predatory. It is perfectly legal, but I didn't expect it from a supposedly respected company. Hence, I have lost respect for them and will not be sending them any more money.

The Toddfather

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007
It's not the length of time from when you buy the item, it's the length of time from launch. Of course someone will always buy an item a week from a price drop, that is not the point we're talking about. It's the size of the drop from launch that I find unprecedented. This is not the first $600 phone I buy at launch. I buy my Treo's unlocked and they are as expensive or more than the iPhone at launch. They NEVER fell down to $400 in two months.

Also, companies usually launch products to fill market need. Now we learn that this is not the case for Apple. They apparently thought all along that the 4GB iPhone is pretty much worthless out there as is evident by the fact that it is no longer available. Why did they launch it then? It was simply and precisely there to catch those early adopters who could not stomach buying a $600 phone and could get themselves to pay $500 for something that the company knows serves no real need out there.

Tell me this is not predatory. It is perfectly legal, but I didn't expect it from a supposedly respected company. Hence, I have lost respect for them and will not be sending them any more money.
I understand your ire, my point is simply what I stated above. This is their first time in this segment and they need to adjust quickly if they want to survive. They're going to make mistakes, but I'm not going to stop buying stellar products from a company with a stellar track record because they're doing what they need to be competitive.