Wait for Apple?

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by christieee_a, Sep 22, 2012.

1. christieee_a

christieee_a New Member

I need some opinions.

I didn't pre-order as early as some people, thereforee I have to wait 2 weeks to receive my iPhone (expected shipment date is the 2nd week of October). It didn't feel like that long when I ordered, but now I'm finding that other places aren't selling out.

I'm debating whether to either pick it up from my service provider (if they have the one I want in stock) or reserve the phone from them as they say that it will take 4 days for them to ship it to the store (maximum wait tim is 14 days). I'm not sure about this because I like the feature from Apple of Apple care, that I have a warranty for it. Does the service provider have the same thing? I'm with Rogers.

Basically my question, is it better to get the iPhone from Apple or from my service provider Rogers? Any feedback is welcomed as I'm not sure if I should cancel my Apple order and click reserve on my new iPhone.

2. verwon

verwon Evangelist
    Gold

It's an Apple iPhone, so it's got the same warranty and coverage regardless of where you buy it.

The Apple stores in Canada seem to have more stock than Rogers, though, so it's easier to get one there.

3. christieee_a

christieee_a New Member

I've heard that if I buy a phone from the Apple store directly, I have to sign a contract up with them, but I'm already on a cntract. . That's my understanding.

4. VOLS34

VOLS34 Zealot
    Gold

If you're upgrading at a subsidized price you will sign a new contract wherever you buy it. You can pay full retail anywhere & not renew your contract.

5. christieee_a

christieee_a New Member

I will not be renewing or upgrading, I will be purchasing a new phone. I just heard that Apple only sells iPhones to customers who are going to sign a contract, I didn't think I could go in and purchase one.

6. VOLS34

VOLS34 Zealot
    Gold

So you plan on paying $650+ for the iPhone 5?

7. iPhoneFan10

iPhoneFan10 Member
    Bronze

If you want the iPhone 5 sooner, go get it from whoever might have some units available.. If you have to extend your contract to get it, it is likely the same anywhere you buy it.. If you get it from somewhere else, remember to cancel your earlier order so your credit card doesn't get hit for a duplicate.

8. christieee_a

christieee_a New Member

yes I guess it's whoever has it, I just want to make sure wherever I buy it from I'll have a good warranty as I will be paying full price. I renewed my contract last year with a blackberry, unfortunately my phone has not been working for the past 3 months. There seems to be no solution to my issues as each company and customer service member just keeps passing me along to someone else and basically it's a "well try this and see if it works". I've had it so I'm going to the iPhone 5, I can't stay another 2 years with my current phone.

9. AZIANAPPLE

AZIANAPPLE Member
    Bronze

If you purchase from the Apple store online, it will be factory unlocked so that means you can get the iPhone 5 without a contract. At least with Apple Canada.

10. AZIANAPPLE

AZIANAPPLE Member
    Bronze

And if you want guaranteed warranty without any BS hassle, aka Apple Care, purchase an iPhone straight from a Apple store or from Apple.com. I have heard horror stories of people picking up an iPhone from a third party reseller but then to hear those people having a nightmare returning the device because of whatever reason.