waiting for activation anyone?

RchGrav

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
Same boat here. Going on 3 hours and I am existing customer. Cut my old phone off in 5 minutes....I am also in the southeast

Me too. It has been a total of four hours since I started the activation process, I got the e-mail saying it would take additional time to complete about 2 hours ago, and I am still waiting.

After hours and hours waiting for this thing I am in complete limbo. My AT&T service has been shut off for over 2 hours!

WHAT THE $#@%!

I am also in the southeast!

Neil

Bronze
I am in colorado, porting from verizon. Got email saying the transfer will require 24 hours, but that I should be able to make outgoing calls on iPhone in the meantime. Is that the emergency call deal? No other functions seem to be active.

nashpreds99

Jun 27, 2007
Neo, I feel you! I'm in Hermitage and I waited for over 8 hours in the hot sun(#3 in line), 1 hour for the AT&T people to figure out how to sell me the phone, and now over 5 and half hours for activation. I really should not have ported my number.

stuart9682

Bronze
May 29, 2007
i am so glad i don't get mine for a month. Everything should be smoothed out by then, i hope.

mango

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
txtshirt.com
some of us that were existing att customers are still waiting. i'm at 2hrs 40 mins.
Yup--!
I'm a new AT&T customer been waiting for 3 hrs now.
I called that 877 # and a woman from AT&T in Ohio answered.
She said over 100.000 people were clogging the servers.
She looked up my name and SS#, said I was in the system and gave me my phone number.
The number isn't working yet.

Might get some sleep and wake up later to see what's up--

Mango-

P.S after waiting for 3 hrs they sold out of 8Gig iPhones--
I had to have it.

pharoh

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Their disclaimer on iTunes said, "up to six minutes"! Hey, 6 minutes... 12 hours... who cares after you've wasted a day standing in line for a black coaster.
Just throwing back VO on the rocks....The bed is sounding better and better...I would bet we get up in the morning and still have issues with this piece of crap AT&T businesss partner...trust me fellow iPhoners...Run as fast as you can in the future when there is an alternative to AT&T

danieldamaniel

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
You all need to quit bitching. I have been waiting for some hours too. Think about this...2 million phones were released today, and I bet you over a million tried to activate today. It's not something that a server can handle easily, no matter who it is. Quit your fucking bitching and wait for the morning, also expect iPhone updates in the upcomign weeks.

twindc23

Bronze
Jan 10, 2007
Phone service is scheduled to be disconnected on your current phone at or after 10:21 PM EDT on June 30. Please check your email and be prepared to reconnect and activate your iPhone before that time. Please call 877-800-3701 if you'd like to make other arrangements.

[FONT=Lucida Grande,Helvetica,Verdana,Arial]You will receive an email to *************** as soon as your iPhone is ready to be activated. After you activate your iPhone and before your phone number is transferred from your current provider you will continue to receive calls on your current phone. Your iPhone will be able to make outgoing calls but will not receive calls until the transfer is complete.

Please refer to your Activation ID when calling
[/FONT]

WTF MAN!
:mad:

Yogos

Jun 30, 2007
Phone service is scheduled to be disconnected on your current phone at or after 10:21 PM EDT on June 30. Please check your email and be prepared to reconnect and activate your iPhone before that time. Please call 877-800-3701 if you'd like to make other arrangements.

[FONT=Lucida Grande,Helvetica,Verdana,Arial]You will receive an email to *************** as soon as your iPhone is ready to be activated. After you activate your iPhone and before your phone number is transferred from your current provider you will continue to receive calls on your current phone. Your iPhone will be able to make outgoing calls but will not receive calls until the transfer is complete.

Please refer to your Activation ID when calling
[/FONT]

WTF MAN!
:mad:
damn! this is ridiculous. i just got off the phone with the att people and this seems to be about right LOL. activation and number porting could take a day. wow, thanks a lot att. how about you redeem yourself now, like give me a month of free service for going through this crap.

rose

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
Baltimore, MD
I agree. this is ridiculous! Why couldn't they just do this at the store? I am so effin' pissed 12 hours.. 12 hours god damnit!

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
It is a shame that they're having so many problems. It's been 12 hours for me too now and mine is still not activated. Talked with four different people from AT&T last night and none of them seemed to have a clue. One little girl sounded like she was about to start crying.

matyb2233

Jun 24, 2007
It is a shame that they're having so many problems. It's been 12 hours for me too now and mine is still not activated. Talked with four different people from AT&T last night and none of them seemed to have a clue. One little girl sounded like she was about to start crying.
12 damn hours i am pissed. Going to the store at ten. So this is a total of 24 hours waiting......... for nothing(so far)

rose

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
Baltimore, MD
I hear what you are saying Maty.. I was told that everything would be up and running by 720 tonight. It had better be. this is complete insanity.