waiting for activation anyone?

gurvy

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
I hear what you are saying Maty.. I was told that everything would be up and running by 720 tonight. It had better be. this is complete insanity.
here is what an att rep just told me on the phone. I am trying to activate and port my number from Verizon and going on 13 hours now.

AT&T has finished their part in the activation and now its the Apple that is backed up on things. Once they finish their process, then I will get an email with a link to finish up the activation.

don't know if this is the truth b/c I am still at the step that has to do with the processing of my credit card. Looks like ATT us just passing the buck!

gurvy

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
here is what an att rep just told me on the phone. I am trying to activate and port my number from Verizon and going on 13 hours now.

AT&T has finished their part in the activation and now its the Apple that is backed up on things. Once they finish their process, then I will get an email with a link to finish up the activation.

don't know if this is the truth b/c I am still at the step that has to do with the processing of my credit card. Looks like ATT us just passing the buck!
just got off the phone with another guy...same story about taking 24 hours for porting my number from verizon, but he did say that the issue is still within ATT and not with iTunes at this time for me. Once they get the number transferred, I will get an email

Chessh2036

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
just got off the phone with another guy...same story about taking 24 hours for porting my number from verizon, but he did say that the issue is still within ATT and not with iTunes at this time for me. Once they get the number transferred, I will get an email
so its going to take 24 hours?

10smom

Jan 12, 2007
Make sure you try restarting phone

oh i got that one within 5 minutes.. that's the one i've had for over 3 hours.. sorry
If you have not tried restarting phone try that it worked for me.

hold button on top of phone donw for 3 seconds and to turn off then turn back on after it goes off.

Whole time I thought it was iTunes/computer problem and all I needed to do was restart phone and now I have service after 12 hours of waiting.

rose

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
Baltimore, MD
so its going to take 24 hours?
Was on the phone with AT&T this morning. That is what she told me. She went through my information.. and made sure everything was correct and there wasn't anything standing in the way of getting ti activated. She also mentioned that the 24 hours thing is protocol when activating a new device with their own SIM.. She said that once 720 hit.. I should have no problem. But I still have a problem with the 720 bit.. but as long as it works..

awesker3

Bronze
Jun 10, 2007
Was on the phone with AT&T this morning. That is what she told me. She went through my information.. and made sure everything was correct and there wasn't anything standing in the way of getting ti activated. She also mentioned that the 24 hours thing is protocol when activating a new device with their own SIM.. She said that once 720 hit.. I should have no problem. But I still have a problem with the 720 bit.. but as long as it works..

14 hours and going here.

jonno

Jun 30, 2007
my brother and i both had verizon. my brother and i both bought iPhones right after each other. my brother activated and synced on a PC. I am still attempting to activate on a MAC. I am still waiting for my "email". My brother has service and everything, his old number, the works. I got an email saying it would be 24 hours at least. It obviously isn't regional, or provider, why?
I have been waiting 13 hours now. Spoken to helpdesk and they are trying to manually activate it....but cant. Have to wait for the email....which they say now could be 24-48 hours! Unbelieveable. The phone just says activate iPhone....connect to iTunes.......
There is nothing they can do - so now it may be 48 hours....
I had an existing account - just transferred the old number (so now I have no working phone). p*ssed would be an understatement.

Anyone else in the same boat?