Waiting for my iPhone 4S shipment

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by chris, Nov 4, 2011.

1. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I gave up on trying to reserve one from an Apple Store near me. After three nights at 8:58 and one trip to an Apple Store at 6pm, I had zero luck getting a 64GB white AT&T iPhone 4S. I gave in and ordered tonight from the Apple Store. When I ordered, they said 1-2 weeks, with delivery around November 17th-25th. Hoping for an earlier shipment.

2. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

Yes, indeed. Hoping it is earlier rather then later! But that still isn't so bad of a wait, I guess. Congrats! Hopefully demand dies soon, though.

3. ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams Evangelist
    Gold

Chris, good luck, I hope you getting earlier...

I myself, am slowly getting mad...

People have ordered theirs via an AT&T shop, after I did [26th Oct], and they already have tracking numbers, and have been charged, etc., etc.

Hmm, something tells me am about to cancel my order. It is not like I need an iPhone 4S, I have the 4. Silly boy.

4. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Haaa, the fun days of waiting!

5. NewGuy

NewGuy Member
    Bronze

I ordered for my buddy because he doesn't have a credit card or even a debit card, ordered 16GB white verizon on Monday (10/31) and it said 1-2weeks before it shipped. Ended shipping Wednesday (11/2) and he got it today (11/4). I was beyond shocked but he was ecstatic.

6. hot_mamma311

hot_mamma311 Member
    Bronze

Did you order from Apple? Seems like those ship faster than from the carrier

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app

7. NewGuy

NewGuy Member
    Bronze

Yup Apple.com

8. insane08

insane08 New Member

yes they are now starting to ship out the iPhones even quicker ..I placed the order for my AT&T white 16gb on the 26th and received mine today around 1pm..I know people who have places their order on the 10 and still haven't received it because they placed it at the store while I places mine online instead..and now instead of a notice of waiting 21-28 days they are saying 14-21 days so AT&T n Apple are really starting to pump these phones out right! Loving my 4s right now

9. hot_mamma311

hot_mamma311 Member
    Bronze

Oh that's good to know, I placed mine over the phone w AT&T customer service so hopefully it's like ordering online

10. dturner

dturner Zealot
    Gold

Ordered mine at an AT&T store on Tuesday. They told me it would be 2-3 weeks for delivery. Got a tracking # yesterday and the phone is in Memphis as of 6:30 AM this morning.

11. ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams Evangelist
    Gold

Well, well, lookie here...

Attached Files:

12. hot_mamma311

hot_mamma311 Member
    Bronze

Still shows b/o?

13. llrickman

llrickman Contributor
    Silver

Be careful if you cancel with AT&T i ordered on preorder day got an email the next day saying it would be 3 weeks to ship. i waited and waited then was told it would be an additional 2 weeks. I got aggravated went to the Corporate AT&T store at ABQ Uptown told them either they cancel my preorder and sell me 2 32gb white iPhone that they had in stock or i would cancel all 6 lines i have with them which 5 are iPhone's .

I walked out a little while later with my phones but a week later got an email from AT&T saying both had been shipped . I ended up having to return the ones they shipped and was billed for 4 phones . I am still waiting on a refund for one of them

14. ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams Evangelist
    Gold

...not sure if you're asking about mine, or that you're saying yours still shows as back ordered.

But, I checked mine again, and it shows zero in the back order section.

15. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Nothing yet on my order. That won't stop me from checking it 20 times per day.

16. seattlemonkey

seattlemonkey New Member

Verizon either has more phones or has less orders than AT&T and so Verizon iPhone is more available than AT&T. My local Radio Shack store has Verizon iPhone 4S for weeks since the launch and they are not sold out yet while the AT&T phones were all sold out since the first day of launch. It's too late now but on the opening day, I got one phone from Best Buy, one from Radio Shack for my family and I am still waiting for 2 more orders from the AT&T store. What I tried to say is that there are now more stores than AT&T and Apple that you can get the iPhone: Best Buy, Radio Shack, Target. I read that Apple will start selling iPhone 4S to a number of countries on Nov 11 and so I think they must have a lot of phones by then. After 3 weeks of waiting, I am eagerly awaiting for the shipping of 2 more phones so that my entire family can have the new phone.

17. seattlemonkey

seattlemonkey New Member

A few more tidbits:

- iPhone 4S with 16GB is the most popular. The stores have more 32GB than 16GB
    - Black color is more available than white. I thought that black color is more popular than white and thereforee less available but apparently Apple makes more black iPhone anticipating higher demand based on past trend.
    - You can still find iPhone in small towns. My friend who lives in ND said that the local store has it but since I already ordered my phone, I am not eligible to upgrade anymore but I have to wait for the phone to arrive to cancel it.

18. KRIEGHOFF

KRIEGHOFF Member
    Bronze

Ordered my 4S on the 23rd. Just got an email it was shipped today. 2nd day UPS Air!

19. seattlemonkey

seattlemonkey New Member

Good to know that Terry. I ordered on Oct 20th through the AT&T store and still have not received anything.

20. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

You're a GR8 friend! He's lucky to have you as a friend. That is really nice thing to do.