WALD iPhone 3G

elproducto

Oct 2, 2008
I have a co-worker that smashed his iPhone in a car door. I purchased the phone from him and have successfuly replaced the LCD and digitizer assembly. The only problem I am facing now is that I am unable to get the the phone to restore the firmware via iTunes. I first tried shutting it down and holding the home button to get the connect to iTunes display, I then tried a restore in DFU mode. Both methods basically extract the software, then states it is preparing the iPhone for restore, then finally waiting for iPhone. The phone restart after iTunes states it is preparing.... but all I get is the Apple logo and the spinning wheel for over 10 - 30 minutes . Does anyone have any suggestions of thing I could try to fix this issue? Thanks

Oct 2, 2008
Utilities

Are there any programs like ziPhone that works with the 3G iPhone?

My 3G does this sometimes, and it hasn't been smashed...I have to go to my brothers house and restore from his computer. Works like a charm.
I don't know if it has anything to do with it, but he has a Mac, and i have a PC. I wonder if iPhone doesn't like PC's...

jsntrenkler

Zealot
Silver
Sep 22, 2008
Tucson Arizona
My 3G does this sometimes, and it hasn't been smashed...I have to go to my brothers house and restore from his computer. Works like a charm.
I don't know if it has anything to do with it, but he has a Mac, and i have a PC. I wonder if iPhone doesn't like PC's...
Always a possibility. I would hope that it works even if only a little better on a mac.