Walk In?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

twing

Mar 17, 2007
Ok I know I want to get the iPhone but can I just walk into cingular on July 7 and say "1 iPhone please" i mean that is a little unrealistic seeing that everyone I know is getting one. I think there are gone to be lines of shoppers. So my question is does anyone know of preorders on iPhones or something because I want it the day it is released. Any info is appreciated!:)

twing

Mar 17, 2007
Local Store

My local cingular shop told me they will receive their shipment around july 7 but that may have been just that store.

Justin

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
I was just about to ask the same type of question. Are they going to roll out a few hundred of these, or 100 per store... etc.

I don't need one the first day, but I don't want to wait 4 months either.....

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I could see where they could send 24 to each company store initially, but I doubt the Cingular agencies will get this many. I worked for one for a while in '02 and they would only order bulk on the cheapest (give-away) models. It'll be interesting to see how many those guys are able to order.

iHuman

Bronze
Dec 16, 2006
Hells Kitchen, New York City
I'll be hitting up the Mac store on 5th ave in NY, along with god knows how many people with the same idea. You should have seen that place on the day it opened. I gave up and went back a week later.

I'll still be waiting there though...

Mar 19, 2007
I haven't heard of any commercials or stores releasing that info yet...I heard they could release the phone earlier in april or may if the phone gets sync-ed with cingular fast enough.

But yeah I could def see tech heads waiting in line like they did for the PS3 and the nintendo Wii.

I'm wondering if I should...

Edward

Mar 17, 2007
Dallas, TX
I haven't heard of any commercials or stores releasing that info yet...I heard they could release the phone earlier in april or may if the phone gets sync-ed with cingular fast enough.

But yeah I could def see tech heads waiting in line like they did for the PS3 and the nintendo Wii.

I'm wondering if I should...
I'm a little guilty there. I didn't wait in line for the Wii, but I did get to see how crazy it was. I was in NYC at the time, and it was crazy. If people do decide to line up, then I'll have to join them.

Nieriel

Feb 16, 2007
:-( I'm gonna have to wait till about august.

that's when i will get enough money to blow 5-600 bux on a phone.

otherwise, i'd have to get my sister to get me some very long chick-fill-a hours over the summer....

Mar 22, 2007
It's a Camp-out!

Oh i am going to camp out for it! I don't mind being that crazy guy who waited a few days in front of the store with his tent and sleeping bag so that he could get the iPhone on the day it released. The local news might even film me! That would make me famous then Hollywood here i come! Or maybe not Hollywood but i will feel like a star with my cool new phone and just be cruel I will use my phone in front of the guy who came in to get on just after they sold the last one. Of couse i will be in car when that happens so i don't get mauled.... oh that's evil, maybe i wont do it but i am going to camp out, anyone want to join?

Mar 22, 2007
Nieriel you work with chick-fil-a? So do I! I have already been putting in those hours for this phone and I can't wait!

:-( I'm gonna have to wait till about august.

that's when i will get enough money to blow 5-600 bux on a phone.

otherwise, i'd have to get my sister to get me some very long chick-fill-a hours over the summer....

Nieriel

Feb 16, 2007
Nieriel you work with chick-fil-a? So do I! I have already been putting in those hours for this phone and I can't wait!
used to work at chick-fil-a. had to quit because of my social anxiety disorder while being a sampler (genius job-matching, huh? i worked at a mall food court). but my sis says she can hook me up with a job in food prep.

GoldenAnkh

Bronze
Apr 5, 2007
Michigan, USA
www.robinsachs.com
I will probably wait a little until the large lines subside and try and get one a month later or so. Or, I have a friend who manages a Cingular store, so maybe I can get her to put me on a wait list. I don't like to wait in long lines like people do for the PS3, etc.

Mar 31, 2007
Empty Cingular is every Apple fan's dream....

These are the times when I wish I didn't live in a big city and rather I lived in a rural middle of nowhere place so I can roll into any cingular and say "one iPhone please." My dream response would be "did you ask for one or two b/c we're having a deal of buy one get one free....we have too many in stock and we're trying to get rid of what we have" but unfortunately that response will never exist and I live in L.A....

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I'm pretty sure the inventories will be alloted based on the amount of businesss each store normally does. Smaller volume stores in middle America will get smaller amounts of inventory. They probably have a grading system to separate the stores based on volume. "A" for the largest volume stores and "C" for the smaller stores. Also, more populated regions will have more Cingular stores as well, where is a smaller town may only have one (if they have one at all). In Columbus, GA we are the third largest city in the state, but we only have three Cingular company stores. The other Cingular outlets are all independent agencies. I don't know how they are going to allocate inventory to them on this deal.