Walk In?

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Hopefully I will be able to walk in and pick one up. Also I hope it will have some battery on it because there is NOWAY IN HELL! that Im buying it and letting it sit on the charger for a few hours. If there is no battery Ill just hook it up and play with it while its charging :)

Mar 31, 2007
Hopefully I will be able to walk in and pick one up. Also I hope it will have some battery on it because there is NOWAY IN HELL! that Im buying it and letting it sit on the charger for a few hours. If there is no battery Ill just hook it up and play with it while its charging :)
I totally agree....if that's the case I definitely will be sitting next to an outlet after I buy it...

GoldenAnkh

Bronze
Apr 5, 2007
Michigan, USA
www.robinsachs.com
I stopped at my local Cingular kiosk in the mall and asked to be put on a "waiting list" which is basically an email update list. The very nice young man behind the counter told me they are expecting a line of people before it is released, and suggested I get there with enough time to save a place in line. I would love to have one right away, but I just cannot stand in a line for days for something that I may be able to pick up with not much of a problem a few months later. What to do, what to do!? :)

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
If you're in a larger town or city, you can expect crowds on the day of release. It'll die down in a few days, but there might be a problem finding one then.

itsabouttime

Silver
Feb 18, 2007
San Antonio, Tx.
I've already requested a vacation day for June 11, I plan on being there early enough to get a place in line, like maybe the first place in line. :laugh2:

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
I've already requested a vacation day for June 11, I plan on being there early enough to get a place in line, like maybe the first place in line. :laugh2:
I was thinking about doing the same but I don't have enough faith in the June 11th date. I sure hope Apple announces the release date far enough in advance for me to take the day off ;).

itsabouttime

Silver
Feb 18, 2007
San Antonio, Tx.
I was thinking about doing the same but I don't have enough faith in the June 11th date. I sure hope Apple announces the release date far enough in advance for me to take the day off ;).
yes, I may end up having to adjust that date but hopefully it will not change, only time will tell. :sick:

Mar 7, 2007
yeah i definitely think this will be the first cell phone/ipod there will be people waiting ahead of time for like PS3 and Wii.

Kabeyun

Silver
Jan 10, 2007
Northeast US
I'll be on vacation in Peru. I never thought that could possibly be a bad thing. Until now.

Unless there's an Apple Store Machu Picchu.

-K

itsabouttime

Silver
Feb 18, 2007
San Antonio, Tx.
Man! That's gotta be driving you crazy! What a bummer, well maybe by the time you get back the long lines will be gone and you can waltz right in and pick one up! ;)

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
*Drops iPhone into MT machu pichu*

>.<

Kabeyun

Silver
Jan 10, 2007
Northeast US
Man! That's gotta be driving you crazy! What a bummer, well maybe by the time you get back the long lines will be gone and you can waltz right in and pick one up! ;)
I'm telling you, it's killing me. We have a 4-day window between when we return on 6/22 and when we move to Massachusetts. I'll wait on line 96 hours if I have to. :eek:

By then, stores will have run out of stock, and the second or third resupply should be in.

-K

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
oh for some reason i was under the impression that the iPhone wasn't available in your area.

Kabeyun

Silver
Jan 10, 2007
Northeast US
oh for some reason i was under the impression that the iPhone wasn't available in your area.
Oh, it'll be available all right. Otherwise I'd be feeling a wholly different kind of pain.

-K

itsabouttime

Silver
Feb 18, 2007
San Antonio, Tx.
I'm telling you, it's killing me. We have a 4-day window between when we return on 6/22 and when we move to Massachusetts. I'll wait on line 96 hours if I have to. :eek:

By then, stores will have run out of stock, and the second or third resupply should be in.

-K
Just tell your wife your gonna run out for some more boxes and packing tape, then, bolt on over to Cingular and snatch your iPhone. (Technically you will be picking up a box). ;)

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
yeah.
"Honey I need to run to the store"

"no way were packing"

"Don't worry ill pick up some boxes"

:cool:

Kabeyun

Silver
Jan 10, 2007
Northeast US
yeah.
"Honey I need to run to the store"

"no way were packing"

"Don't worry ill pick up some boxes"

:cool:
Right. Followed an hour later by, "On my way back, hon. By the way, how does the call sound? Just asking."

-K